Is this bike comfy to ride?

texasvmax

Registered
I've only owned Vmaxes for the past 10 years. How have others that were use to a more upright riding position adjusted to the Busa riding position and do you know what option there are to raise the handle bars on the Busa to make the ride a little more comfy? Does raising the handle bar affect handling? Thanks.

I can ride my Busa 150 to 200 miles between rest stops. On the cruiser I have to take a break every 50 to 75 miles
beerchug.gif

You can go the routes listed above, or a member here makes risers to raise the stock bars. That combined with buell or TL pegs will give a more upright riding position. Welcome to the board.
beerchug.gif

Chris, My Busa was the first sport bike I'd ever ridden, I bought it in Dec. 06 and the covers have not come off the V-Max's since, Yup! I've got Busa Fever
ThumbsUp.gif
and if you think the Max is fast well let's just say your in for a real surprise.  At first the Busa felt awkward as hell and I seriously thought I would never acquire a feel for it, it only took a couple rides before it started to feel natural and it is not uncommon for us to take 200-400 mile day trips.  There are many mods you can do to adjust the bike to accomodate your size, Heli-Bars, Risers, Tobin Seat, Buell Pegs, etc.  Believe me, if you buy a Busa you will soon forget all about your V-Max.
tounge.gif

Busa_1.jpg

That's really what I've been interested in knowing - is that the awkward feeling in time can be overcome when you are use to a more upright riding position. I really like the options to raise the bars. Thanks for the info. After owning four vmaxes I'm really interested in a new bike that offers a new level of performance and better handling.

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
texasvmax @ Apr. 19 2008 said:
1383097[/ATTACH] PM]
That's really what I've been interested in knowing - is that the awkward feeling in time can be overcome when you are use to a more upright riding position.  I really like the options to raise the bars.  Thanks for the info.  After owning four vmaxes I'm really interested in a new bike that offers a new level of performance and better handling.
You won't be disappointed, unlike the V-Max the Busa will actually turn without fightin you
wowold.gif
and it stops too
wowold.gif

V_Max.jpg

zzwhip.gif

wowold.gif

Comfy to ride.. <----- this a state of mind when your on you Busa
bowdown.gif
...knowing all other bikes are just that .. bikes..... as far as the.. (1") spacers for the bars.. my wrist's say ..Ty ......everyday I ride me Busa.
thumb_up.gif
and I ride mine everyday..
cool.gif

I put a 1 3/4 inch genmar riser on mine with buell pegs and tobin seat. I rode mine on a 2000 mile road trip last year without the seat and pegs and did ok. It wasnt a goldwing of course but it really wasnt that bad. rode 18hrs straight through each way. 1000 miles one way. Cant wait to do it again with the extra stuff. Didnt even have a throttlemeister at the time.

you didn't say your size, but I'm 5'8" at 165 the lower pegs are fine for me but I am going to get the Heli-bar mod, since it not only moves your hand position up, back, but it kicks your hands out just a little. Had my K8 for 3wks now, did a 300mi day, better seat than stock needed, a little hard. I also came from a more up right riding pos, Harleys, Dyna and Ultra. I found no problems with handling, other than it feels light, is quick to turn, and goes fast. OK, fast is not a problem. Get it you will love it and welcome to the family.

I put a 1 3/4 inch genmar riser on mine with buell pegs and tobin seat. I rode mine on a 2000 mile road trip last year without the seat and pegs and did ok. It wasnt a goldwing of course but it really wasnt that bad. rode 18hrs straight through each way. 1000 miles one way. Cant wait to do it again with the extra stuff. Didnt even have a throttlemeister at the time.
Wow I bow down to you. That's one hell of a ride!!
bowdown.gif

Is the 'Busa comfortable? Hmmm..lemme think for a sec...

Well, it's too FAST to be UNcomfortable!

If the stock ergos don't work, you can affordably mod it to suit your taste.

Its comfy enough for what it is...a sportbike. If your used to it its okay for semi-long trips...but it aint no Goldwing as somebody already mentioned
laugh.gif
I never put more than 300 miles on mine at a sitting, anything more than that and the pain starts to ruin the ride...but I'm also 6'3"
wowold.gif
winkold.gif

My '07 Busa is my 23rd motorcycle. It is undoubtedly the most uncomfortable bike I have owned.

It is also the most exciting, best handling, best performance, most fun bike I have ever owned.

I used 1 1/4" spacers for risers (cheap), Buell pegs and Throtlemeister. I have not done the Corbin yet.

I can ride 500-600 miles in a day, in 1 1/2 - 2 hrs stints, w/ no problems. Even w/ my age(53) and my hernia repair.

Hell, at the speeds I ride, I don't think I could concentrate much longer anyway. And my bladder is limited to about the same time period.

I never owned a Vmax, but I think you would be more than pleased w/ a Busa

Back