Old Guy / New Rider - Wants to buy Busa?

Big problem ... 53 years old ... took MSF class 12 weeks ago ... bought V Star Classic 11 weeks ago ... bought Suzuki 1250 Bandit 1 week ago ... I have the fever. My friends ... from 35 to 70 years old take me on 200 mile days ... trying to make me better. They ride everything from improved sports bikes to crappy ass Harley's. (of course they can all kick my butt on the bikes).

Can I handle Busa? I'm a very conservative guy (cpa ...). I really would prefer not to kill myself. (I'm an ex athlete with reasonable coordination ... but I'm still 53 ... )

Input please!
I mate I'm 71 and ride a Busa the busa is the best bike I've ever owned first you are still a puppy and puppy's can get overexcited I went from a kwaka zzr 1100 best bike they ever made in my opinion so I was used to plenty of power, or so I thought wrong it blow my socks off. The busa is very easy to ride and can give you a false sense of security and it's all to easy to get to the next corner a bit on the quick side. I would say buy one but ride a few days on your own on roads you know well so you don't have the temptation to keep up with fast riders till you are used to the bike make sure you use the gears on corners it's easy to run on if you don't, I know I've done it. It is impossible for me when I get off it after a run not to look back at it and smile you know you've had a special experience you wont get on a bandit.

Back