Old Guy / New Rider - Wants to buy Busa?

konisko

Registered
Big problem ... 53 years old ... took MSF class 12 weeks ago ... bought V Star Classic 11 weeks ago ... bought Suzuki 1250 Bandit 1 week ago ... I have the fever. My friends ... from 35 to 70 years old take me on 200 mile days ... trying to make me better. They ride everything from improved sports bikes to crappy ass Harley's. (of course they can all kick my butt on the bikes).

Can I handle Busa? I'm a very conservative guy (cpa ...). I really would prefer not to kill myself. (I'm an ex athlete with reasonable coordination ... but I'm still 53 ... )

Input please!

If you keep your wits about you, you will be ok. Remember, ride your own ride. You may need Heli-Bars and lowered pegs to be comfy. Just use your head and you will be fine.

So what if you're 53? Alot of the guys on this forum are anywhere from 40 to 70. I'd get more seat time on the Bandit before you got a busa tho...you'd be better served if you where more experienced as a rider...

:welcome: to the oRg. If you,re new to riding, I would recommend you stay with Bandit for several thousand miles to gain riding experience. Then get the Busa. :thumbsup:

Some guys go with the Busa right out of the gate. I decided to get some experience before getting a big bike.

I think a lot of guys here will agree the Bandit will kill you just as dead as the Busa. My hang up is the Bandit will be cheaper to repair if you make a mistake. There is nothing wrong with the bandit, I am trying to talk one of my firends into one.

Oh and :welcome:, what ever you decide hang around.

You're not to old for a Busa :laugh: I have been extremely happy with mine. :thumbsup:

:welcome: to the oRg

I'm 62, what does age have to do with it? If the siren song of the Hayabusa calls you, no other motorcycle will be an appropriate substitute. Remember, you don't have to ride it around at full throttle (it's not possible anyway!). The Busa will tour, sporttour, dragrace, LSR and act as a trackbike if you are so inclined. It will also putt through villages at 15 mph as well as any Bandit, Harley or BMW.
Good luck on your decision! Raydog

MF1A1383.JPG

MF1A9535.JPG

Why does age play into this? You will love the bike no matter what.

And stay away from that raydog guy, he's a bad seed. I even have proof. :laugh: Pics don't lie. :whistle:

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Another favorite geezer pic from one of my GoPro Hero buyers.

First look at the speedo. Then know our busa owner is 60+ at the track. :laugh:

John_snapshot18.jpg

John_snapshot18.jpg

Doesn't matter what you ride, so long as you ride your own ride. Keep the ego in check and don't let your friends pace suck you in over your head.

If you prefer the Bandit over the V Star then maybe the Sport ergos will suit you. I don't like the cruisers. They scare me, just don't feel in control with my feet forward. Have friends that say they same about Sport Bikes.

If you can handle the riding position the Busa is a versatile bike.

i say go for it. just remember you don't have to pull the trigger everytime the stoplite turns green. i'm 60, have an 05 and an 08. both with helibars and lowered, i'm short. these are some of the finest bikes made!

Back