to busa or not to busa

In short, everyone likes the low-end TQ twin V of the TL-R and it's a unique looking bike. Having said that you will not readily find the support/parts/service you will need to maintain, mod, etc. over time..as stated before it's a bike that is years out of production.

I like the TL but the Busa is much more comfortable, has all sorts of TQ throughout the curve, rides how you want to ride it and you will find an endless supply of spare parts, mods, service, knowledge, etc.

New litre bikes can really get away from you when you start revving it up...most make more HP than the Busa. IMO, and sincerely saying this based on my experience and not bias, I believe the Busa will be the best overall sportbike you can purchase.

The only area that MAY be an issue is your 5'6" frame on a heavy bike...of course you can always lower it. Like many Busa riders, I have a larger frame (6'3", 225 lbs.) and the stock Busa set-up fits me better than the small ergonomics of all the smaller sportbikes. They all feel puny in comparison.

Best of luck.

I never rode the TL1000, but I will say that I ride my Busa for touring more than racing, twisties. It's a great tourer, and basically could be considered a big brother to the VFRs (with their seating style).

Back