% of 150mph Riders

Have you been 150mph or over or think you have

• Yes

Votes: 791 90.4%
  • No

Votes: 84 9.6%

• Total voters
I hit 176 on the interstate before coming into traffic and letting off, honestly after that dont think i have been past 120 to 130. at 100 the thought that i dont heal as fast as i use to starts running through my mind.:nervous:

I hit 176 on the interstate before coming into traffic and letting off, honestly after that dont think i have been past 120 to 130. at 100 the thought that i dont heal as fast as i use to starts running through my mind.:nervous:

176 is right around where the tunnel vision and fun starts:thumbsup:
I remembered the first time I set out to top out my 09 I was going thru the gears and I was at the top of 5th and the tunnel vision began I couldnt shift into 6th for some reason, pulled over looked at the GPS and read 174 or 176 cant remember now, went out again and shifted up into 6th and rolled it on from 130 up the limiter, just the old toyota commercial Ohhhhh What A Feeling!

it was a lonely morning on the CA-57 freeway, as i passed in front the Anaheim stadium, I rolled on the throttle. I pegged the stock odometer as i came to the CA-91............ and began to see traffic. So i let off the throttle.Some say that you are suppossed to take 10mph off for everything over 100... so if i had to guess Id say 175. Tunnel vision city. crazy, but I loved it.

when i first got my 02 i road it home from frederick md. if you know the area I270 is fairly straight. got a good clear stretch and opened it up but couldnt find the throttle stop! i was amazed at the speed and it was still pulling but i hadnt hit the stop. i thought that was insane. took me a couple of days on RT 50 to get it to the stop and hold it.

i have before but after crashing last night at 35-40 mph and see how much it hurts im probably not even gonna get to a 100 nemore.
team# i never wanna fall again!!!

I did it today, twice. I have done 204 gps on a 2k. I don't make a habit of it though. The roads I ride if you are doing 40 you are pushing your luck.

I had my baby hit the limiter don't know how fast that would be on the count that I couldn't do anything but look straight ahead pretty intense :please:

I'm sorry but after getting the busa fast cars just aren't fun any more cuz now I know what fast really means. :D

at my work it test drive pre production GM cars and on one of our drive tests we drive around a circle track at 100mph. i just laugh when im told that its a very high speed and need to be careful. i agree with cars being slow. even compared to my built mustang and cobra, the gt had >500whp, could pull the front tires up with slicks on a freeway entrance and lay rubber on the highway cruising 65mph on street tires. the cobra had 480whp and neither would beat stock busa.

i used to hit 150 nearly everytime i started it, but now i ride alot more conservatively but if im cruzing on the highway and i dont see a car for miles why not strech her legs. i have had my bike to 205 and it felt increadibly safe. I think a guy could go 240mph on stock wheelbase before it would start getting sketchy. you run the biggest risk of hitting animals or for that matter bugs!I had a giant grasshopper hit me right in the chest doing 160 and it was enough to leave a hell of a welt

i used to hit 150 nearly everytime i started it, but now i ride alot more conservatively but if im cruzing on the highway and i dont see a car for miles why not strech her legs. i have had my bike to 205 and it felt increadibly safe. I think a guy could go 240mph on stock wheelbase before it would start getting sketchy. you run the biggest risk of hitting animals or for that matter bugs!I had a giant grasshopper hit me right in the chest doing 160 and it was enough to leave a hell of a welt

At 160 how in the world did anything hit your chest
If your able to situp at 160 sounds like you need to have your speedometer calibrated.

With a double bubble, you should be able to sit up a little more, depending on which DB you have. Surprising, actually. However, don't just suddenly sit up at that speed, you'll get swept off the back and definitely, if you get hit with a gust of wind while you're at it, you're going to have issues.

Which also points out that a good strong tail wind will make it possible to sit up at speed. :D

--Wag--

I went up one tooth on the front with my busa hit the rev limit on my busa in 6th not the speed limit the rev limit all that while in the upright position it took me a couple attempts before I said I would go for it... I wouldn't do it while tucked and then sit up just start out sitting upright the transition is to much to just sit up at over 200 .

PS you will need to hit the gym and work on your grip and buy you a nice size turbo :)

I have already answered this before.. i'm sure..all i know is that a stock first Gen will do a TRUE 176 GPS in 5th on the rev limiter...Oh Yea...Went 166 last friday...gps..amazing machine..oh and check out the tread about pre-ride checks....i always do...check oil,tire psi,chain,brakes,and more.

Back