% of 150mph Riders

Have you been 150mph or over or think you have

• Yes

Votes: 791 90.4%
  • No

Votes: 84 9.6%

• Total voters
I have done it a few times but really don't enjoy it all that much. However, on the way up its very enjoyable to think for so little money you can experience what could be compared to "bending time".

Their is nothing better than running through the gears to redline and glancing at the speedo as the needle tries to keep up.

Now, if I could get my car to accelerate at the same pace.

I did get a chance to top out the old ZX-11 years ago and that was fun... 176 indicated at 10,600 rpm... surely not a real 175 mph as was advertised back in the day

160mph last night and my damn work phone flew out of my pocket! Had a ball but don't think my phone made it wherever it is! Lol.

I have done it a few times but really don't enjoy it all that much. However, on the way up its very enjoyable to think for so little money you can experience what could be compared to "bending time".

Their is nothing better than running through the gears to redline and glancing at the speedo as the needle tries to keep up.

Now, if I could get my car to accelerate at the same pace.

I did get a chance to top out the old ZX-11 years ago and that was fun... 176 indicated at 10,600 rpm... surely not a real 175 mph as was advertised back in the day

Yep, speedos are always off.
But, the ZX11 was supposedly good for 172 or 173mph.
Not hard to belive you were doing it or close to if the bike was tached out.:beerchug:

I remember back in the day on an old '83 Suzuki all that could be mustered out was about 112mph and the entire front end felt like it was going to shake apart.

Did it with the girl friend on the back! On the way back from Moto GP last weekend. open highway not a car in sight. came down a few gears and wound it out the busa seems to never stop climbing! Cars came into view pretty quick! This bike never cease to amaze me with it's power and ability to go fast with ease!

What is the actual speed when pegged at 185+? Saw that once....once was enough. Been over a buck fifty a half dozen times though. Lots of straight roads around here with no traffic.

What is the actual speed when pegged at 185+? Saw that once....once was enough. Been over a buck fifty a half dozen times though. Lots of straight roads around here with no traffic.

Probably around 170,most speedos seem to be about 8-10% off(all 3 of mine were/are anyway according to GPS :laugh:).

Ya, it's at least 7% I'd say. So if it pegs around 190 would that make it around 175 actual? My gps doesn't work in the triple digits near as I can tell.

Yep, speedos are always off.
But, the ZX11 was supposedly good for 172 or 173mph.
Not hard to belive you were doing it or close to if the bike was tached out.:beerchug:

The tack showed 10,600 at 176 on the speedo. I held it there for a bit to make sure that was the top speed. I had to find out how fast it would go before I die. :laugh:

One day I will find a place for the Busa while having the GPS plugged in. I am pretty sure the 185 speedo isn't gonna read my speed accurately once everything is revved up in 6th gear.

This country really needs some european style audobahns. Smooth roads with guard rails would make getting places more fun. :cheerleader:

170 indicated on my GSXR 1000. Youtube video below.

You were boogien on that puppy for sure. I don't doubt you were up around a buck seventy. Do you have an extended swingarm to go along with the turbo?

I've spent quite a bit of time on that track. At one time Spokane was my favorite track until the county took it over and re-routed the track through the parking lot. We raced there before the configuration was changed. No one will ever race there again. It's hard to believe public officials could screw something up so bad but they did.

Bring that beast out to the new track in Shelton "The Ridge" and you can build a fire in that thing and hang on! Track days begin in April.

It's easy to get 150, anything past that takes a little more dedication. I'm 6'2 and weigh 255 and I have seen 180 on the gps.:whistle:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ive been over 150 quite a few times.I love the speed rush but find myself looking in my mirrors for the next 5 miles to make sure the po po isn't coming for me!! lol

I've marked 180 or so, didn't really have time to take a good look I know I seen a 1 and a 8 towards the end of the speedo lol

Back