Not sure either yet built motor with nitrous or turbo???

yep bone stock motor just bolt turbo on and 4 psi or so is what richard at rcc advertises and being safe and reliable etc.

In my motor i put a spacer, ape promod head studs, stainless valves, 65# valve springs. That should be fine for hopefully 340 hp or so on the dyno with race gas, or probably 7-8 psi on pump gas.

Turbo turbo turbo. Put stainless valves and springs, put a base spacer in and run 12 or so for crusing and turn it up on the days you feel crazy. You will never ever regret it !!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for all the help and info guys. Much appreciated. We'll see if i can get this all done by this upcoming riding season. boostbysmith arent you from michigan? Well if i need anything ill be sure to let you know then.

Thanks for the quick reply, so just to clear this up for newbies like me and others who are looking to do so, Its "SAFE" to throw RCC's stage 1 kit on a STOCK Gen2 motor running at 4-4.5lbs of boost. Then also having to get the ECU flasher either from boostbysmith or greg. If so I think this could help alot of the newbies figure out what route they want to go in. Thanks Destin07.

no problem greg is a great guy and straight shooter and Richard is standup and makes the best production kits with awesome customer service. Nothing sounds as cool as a big cammed 1441 with a sidewinder but you will be really pissed when a guy on a stage 1 turbo with stock driveability manners rips you a new azz on it. Yes the ECU flasher is the way to go and you DO NOT NEED A BAZZAZ OR PCIII

so have been looking at what everyone as been saying and i think that i'll be going turbo. but for this up and coming season ill just run a nitrous system and save up. then go turbo after that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey greg, I just realized that I've seen about a hundred vids and pics of your hands but have never seen you face.I'm beginning to think maybe your just a long lost relative of "thing" from the adams family.Just a hand running around fixing things:rofl:

So let me get this straight. You post up asking nitrous vs. turbo. The concensus is that Turbo might be better even though is will cost about $3k to 4k more for the same power.
But the concensus is that we go turbo, but we don't have the money.???:whistle:

well let me ask you thiis does most people have about 5000 laying around? I do have money for a moto but not that much. also its called research!!! like i just found out 1 gen exhaust manifold fits the 2gen motor but the intake doesnt.
Posted via Mobile Device

I will say this, if you don't have any immediate plans or funding to do turbo, DO NOT RIDE A TURBO BIKE, life you as you know it is completely different after riding a boosted bike.

ha ha well can i ride urs down the street and back? ha ha then i could just pay you to do mine. do u ride ur turbo busa daily?
Posted via Mobile Device

could be ridden daily, though I live in Michigan so 5 months out of the year gone off the top, plus stay pretty busy most times never ride as near as much as i want LOL

yep bone stock motor just bolt turbo on and 4 psi or so is what richard at rcc advertises and being safe and reliable etc.

In my motor i put a spacer, ape promod head studs, stainless valves, 65# valve springs. That should be fine for hopefully 340 hp or so on the dyno with race gas, or probably 7-8 psi on pump gas.

Hey Greg, what do you think this combination would put out on E-85? I'm going to hold off for another year until I get another bike for touring but I'm going to start a "Turbo" Christmas Club for next winters project now. :beerchug:

Hey jeff, not sure hopefully after xmas ill be on the dyno and find the limit of stock injectors with gasoline, then that number reduced by 30 to 40 percent I think should be e85 limit as it requires so much more fuel, more fuel oressure and or ibjectors would be an optuon too but presently I don't think there is a plug and play injector replacement
Posted via Mobile Device

Back