How much hp can a built NA motor make?

Suzuki Squared

Registered
Hey everyone!

Does anybody know how much horsepower a naturally aspirated built Hayabusa can make? Forged rods, pistons, springs, cams, bigger injectors. All that fun stuff without having to boost it.

If any of you na built motor guys are out there, would you mind telling me the kind of numbers you’re pushing?

I’m looking to push out close to 400hp. Preferably without a turbo, though I know it will definitely take me there with one.

Just curious to see if this is even possible, and if so, somewhat reliable.

Thanks guys!

Old Skool builds like the 1900cc Star Racing n/a “MonStar” motors make up around 400hp so it’s not entirely impossible.

However…. You’re going to be throwing a lot of the motor in the bin, throwing a lot of money at very trick bits and development, and ending up with a very serious race motor with short life and very high maintainence schedule.

If you want to write some blank cheques I’d bet on 400 ponys being possible but not a route many folk would want to take.

You'll Never get 400hp, or anywhere even close without a turbo or sc.
It’s possible, but yes, I agree you won’t see those numbers if you want it to be anything other than a full-Monty drag bike or dyno shootout bike.

47E2188C-35E7-4AE4-B98E-93350698857F.jpeg

Awesome
I wonder how streetable that is?
Should I even ask what it costs?
And if there are Any parts of that engine that aren't aftermarket? lol
I think it was dropped from sale a while back. It was a very expensive, very serious drag bike engine. Just showing that 400 ponys from a normaly aspirated bike engine isn’t impossible. It was a brand new billet top end but used factory cases and some other stock parts in the bottom end.
I’d imagine it was a VERY long way from being streetable.

I found it very interesting, but I can’t imagine you’d get anywhere near those numbers and still have a useable streetbike.

I think it was dropped from sale a while back. It was a very expensive, very serious drag bike engine. Just showing that 400 ponys from a normaly aspirated bike engine isn’t impossible. It was a brand new billet top end but used factory cases and some other stock parts in the bottom end.
I’d imagine it was a VERY long way from being streetable.

I found it very interesting, but I can’t imagine you’d get anywhere near those numbers and still have a useable streetbike.
Hi. It is a dry block so 30 sec of run time? Maybe.

Back