Northwest  Road Trip 2005

Another;  Clarkston to Enterprise, Or.  via Asotin, Anatone, down Rattlesnake to the Grand Ronde.  Absolutely beautiful.  A combination of tight twisties and long sweepers along with great scenery.  87 mi one way.

Another;  On the way to Lolo, stay along the NF Clearwater @ Kooskia and continue on to Elk City.  Once again, awesome ride, constant twisties from Kooskia on.  Lots of small rest areas along the river.  135 mi one way.
Hey MJN, These rides sound great Lets try to do one of them at the end of May.

Frisbee, what are the chances you can get a Tues or Weds off? I am planning a run to Lewiston via Enterprise soon to see my bro. It is about 400 miles round trip from here. Should make a great day.
Let me know.
Mark

Sorry bro , I get Fri - Sun off and thats it . I work 4/10s a week with the Co. i'm with . Otherwise I'd love to do it.
sad.gif

Well, we'll hook up sometime I'm sure. Let me know if you are ever headed my way.
M

Will do MJN , Kilroy and I exchanged phone #s so if we get a ride going we can keeep in touch . If you want i'll pm you mine .

Will do MJN , Kilroy and I exchanged phone #s so if we get a ride going we can keeep in touch . If you want i'll pm you mine .
uuhhhh,,,er,, whatn' the heck is pm'n? Hell, you could pm me whatever ya want. but then ya gotta tell me how to find it! Remember, I am an old fart. I am most definitely not a compooter wizard. Hell, I'm proud of myself for figuring out how to post!
But seriously. Yea, get me your cel #, I'll give you mine. Maybe with enough warning I can take an afternoon off.....
M

I've got a couple of photos in my pics here that will give you guys an idea of what the southfork of the clearwater looks like... this one is the hanging rock, about 30 miles from Elk City.

Elk_20City_20Hazardssmall.JPG

Here's another. Looking down into the southfork of the clearwater just outside Grangeville. This grade is about 7 miles long and is nothing but a series of 25mph curves. God, I'm gettin' goosebumps just thinkin about it.....

elk_city_006small.JPG

One more pic. This is the old mining town of Golden. It is 20 or 25 miles from the end of the road, Elk City. This road is soooo sweet.
A couple of buddies and I go up here every year with our atv's to camp, fish, shoot, whatever.

goldensmall.JPG

Daanngg! I am gettn' smarter every day! I figger'd out that PM thing.....(at least I think I did) check yer inbox
M

I am searching for a photo to post of me and 8 of my buds on our bikes at the summit of Lolo pass.

with snow comin' down. Hard.

It was early Sept 3 yrs ago. It snowed all the way down the other side. Kinda dicey on the 929RR.

You just never know what the weather is gonna be up there!

The next day coming back it was warm and dry.

I don't get to go until July 10th, so you turkeys better take (and post) lots of good pics!

Back