Upcoming Road Trip

Spectre

Donating Member
Registered
Now that my motorcycle is back together I am in a big hurry to “catch upâ€￾ on lots of riding I have missed since it has been in the shop. Firstly I will test my bike over the next couple of weeks to verify that everything is mechanically sound and also to get used to some upgrades I am having done. When I am satisfied with how it performs on some small day rides I will head out for this one which is going to be (roughly) 800+ miles. :thumbsup:

This is the rough draft of the trip which is currently slated for the 2nd weekend in November. You will notice that the second half has more stops which are closer together. I figure I might be a little saddle sore the second (third?) day so I am allocating extra stops to lessen my fatigue.

I put in some scenic places and avoided major highways and cities (like Chattanooga). I plan on doing a “Tennessee - Kentucky - Virginiaâ€￾ ride to tour around and see some of the distilleries along with the mountains so I didn’t put a lot of those places in this trip.

I did find several wineries along the way (coincidentally before a waterfall or two) which we think will be nice to stop and rest at. I think it will be nice to stop and enjoy the falls, sip some wine, and relax a bit. :laugh:

There plenty of room is left for deviation if we see something along the way that looks interesting. I figure that I will hit the Biltmore Estate on the second day so we are rested and can enjoy it. They are supposed to have their Christmas decorations up at the time of my ride and my friend is looking forward to seeing them in person.

I am planning on something like three 6-8 hour riding days to cover the (roughly) 800+ miles. This will mean two nights lodging. I am hoping some of you guys can tell me some decent places to stay or give me some insight on places that are reasonable and safe.

If you would like to take a look at my (initial) map of the trip click here:
Biltmore Trip

Anyone got suggestions?

Three days and only 800 miles ???

Don't pay any attention to the man behind the BA moniker...he's a saddle-s!ut and thinks everyone puts on as many miles on their scoots as he does...

:laugh:

Yee-hah!!! Sounds like a great trip, bro. I hope you plan to take lots of pix to keep us (who never ride) entertained.

:beerchug:

:cheerleader:

:hijack:

In a couple of weeks I'm going to Arizona...gonna do 2,000+ in four days :cheerleader:

post-12-17654-threadjack.jpg

:hijack:

In a couple of weeks I'm going to Arizona...gonna do 2,000+ in four days :cheerleader:

Oh, yeah...this thread has been re-jacked...I am flying to Chicago on Friday where the Midwest peeps and I are going to ride 10,000 miles in 20 minutes (or less, if we don't stop for cheese curds). :laugh:

:moon:

Someone, somewhere, has their location as: Phoenexico Mexizona (or something like that...)

Hilarious.

Toasty there, bro. When do you depart?

Someone, somewhere, has their location as: Phoenexico Mexizona (or something like that...)

Hilarious.

Toasty there, bro. When do you depart?

Friday the 17th...returning Monday 10/20 :thumbsup:

Friday the 17th...returning Monday 10/20 :thumbsup:

Sweet! Don't forget your armored mesh! And don't forget your camera; we'll need pix, of course...Unlike you, I'll be taking thermals...

:laugh:

Spectre, I did 800 miles in a day (nightmare), 3 day trip would be OK, best of luck mate:beerchug:

Three days and only 800 miles ???

lol, well i will have a (relatively) new rider with me and a friend on a cruiser that has had some back problems so we are riding at a leisurely pace. couple that with the fact that we will be stopping and shipping stuff back all along the way and the schedule starts to tighten up. :D

lol, well i will have a (relatively) new rider with me and a friend on a cruiser that has had some back problems so we are riding at a leisurely pace. couple that with the fact that we will be stopping and shipping stuff back all along the way and the schedule starts to tighten up. :D

It's ALL good Brother, just :poke: some fun at ya :laugh:

Back