Road Trip!!!

TruWrecks

Banned
I'll be heading out this coming weekend on a trip on the Busa.  Estimated distance is 4650 miles round trip, but that's likely to be extended.  I have just mounted a set of Avon Viper Sports on Saturday.  The saddle bags are ready to pack.  I need to do a quick tune up and get a sitter for my puppies and I'll be ready to go.

My plan is to head down HWY 101 from Washington to the Redwood Forest.  Then I will be cutting east to Nevada via southern Oregon and HWY 50 on my way to Durango, CO.  Return trip will be travelling through Moab, Arches N.P., parts of Idaho, and back to Seattle on HWY 2 and HWY 20.  The routes were chosen to aviod freeways and busy cities.  My route will deliver a few remote stretches through nothingness, and lots of corners to keep me busy.  I'm still in the process of checking over my route for construction and road closures.  I'll be camping most of the trip.  I'll grab a motel every 3 days to clean my gear and do laundry.

I'll post a map when I get if from my other computer (system board crash).  I would like to meet a few other board members along the way if I'm passing near by.

I'll post more details as I adjust my route.  I will not be on a time schedule.  The ride is the purpose, not the destination.
race.gif

I recommend a GPS if you dont have one yet. Aside from all of the known benefits, I use the GPS in the max magnification setting. I can quickly glance down at it before approaching a blind corner to see how tight its going to be. It keeps the decreasing radius turns from surprising me. Having it is almost like having a rally copilot!

AMA has a AAA service for bikes.
Got flat tire kit?
bowdown.gif

Have fun!

I recommend a GPS if you dont have one yet.  Aside from all of the known benefits, I use the GPS in the max magnification setting.  I can quickly glance down at it before approaching a blind corner to see how tight its going to be.  It keeps the decreasing radius turns from surprising me.  Having it is almost like having a rally copilot!

AMA has a AAA service for bikes.
Got flat tire kit?
bowdown.gif

Have fun!
I have a Zumo 550. I use it for just that purpose.

Back