Long Road Trip

Exactly, Thrasher! I don't like making more stops than I have to when traveling! Just seems to slow you down way more than you would think.

Well I guess on the bike trips I go on I enjoy the ride, and am in know rush so I stop wherever I feel led and soak up the sites. But I've learned there are times when there are long distances between water breaks especially tray in the midwest and some part of the south especially if you are taking the more scenic routes. So the camelbak works for me.

But this is one of those tire and helmet issues. Ultimately one has to decide what works best for them.

I have done 3 bike trips in the 5000-6000 mile range on a stock bike. The stock busa rides fine on long trips. Think about your personal gear instead of busa mods. Good riding suit or jacket and earplugs to kill the noise.
My two cents.....

Enjoy the ride!

All the above...  I was the only one on the trip to Tahoe that had a "cruise control" on their bike...  Ask Thrasherfox about how he wished he had brought his so we could've installed it.

The NEP throttle lock for Suzuki single cable throttle, a $15 investment in your wrist.
$15 dollars for cruise control... sign me up, how and where can I get this device...

Cloud

Save your money and convert your fast idle lever to a poormans cruise!
wink.gif

Lift the gas tank, take off the airbox (not required, just more room) Find the fast idle cam, bend the tab stop back out of the way, loosen two nuts on the fast idle line, adjust fast idle, tighten two nuts, replace airbox, close gas tank.

Very quick and dirty cruise control. All of this should take 15 - 30 mins. Very easy and free.
Thanks to JohnnyCheese for this MOD.

Back