ROAD TRIP

Automon

Registered
I am headed to a bachelor Party in Raleigh NC, I am leaving 5/20/05 in the morning from Michigan 736 miles door to door. Am I crazy to try and do this in one day? I have been doing some 300 mile runs on the weekends (you know training) but I understand its over twice that. One thing that i noticed is that i have to stop for gas a lot which is a pain but at an average speed of 110mph she sucks it fast. I will be headed through OH, WV, VA and then NC. if any one is headed that way let me know and we can make it a group ride

One thing that i noticed is that i have to stop for gas a lot which is a pain but at an average speed of 110mph she sucks it fast.
110mph average?

dood. buy a good radar / laser detector and say a few hail marys before setting out!

best to have a backup plan - find where some hotels etc. are ~ the 500 mile mark in case you get tired and can't go on. don't ride tired.

<!--EDIT|shortBoarder
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114643562 -->

well once you get here let me know
cool.gif
Where's the party going to be
rock.gif
might know some folks in that area of "entertainment" if ya know what I mean
wink.gif

oh yeah, 110mph, yeah, watch yer self comin through dem back woods... those cops arent really *understanding* at times
wow.gif

Keep it at just above flow of traffic and you will be fine. Good roads over there, the only thing I miss about Nc

Averaging 110, huh? That's pretty gutsy. I would probably knock it back 20-25 MPH and give up that extra couple of hours it will take to get there. Back-up plans are always important to have as others have said. Just do all that you can to arrive alive!

Traveling that far at one time in a car is risky.

Just be safe and make it a two day trip.

Try to make reservations at a hotel so you can make sure you will be on the first floor. That way you can put the bike in your room. I've heard some horror stories from this board about peoples bikes being stolen at hotels.

Do not get caught in VA. with a radar detector, bad things will happen, and dont ask how I know! Have a safe one!

Thanks for the input are radar detectors illegal in VA? I will be running with my V1 and a active radar jammer, the jammer will give me 5 seconds to slow down to posted speeds.

"Where's the party going to be might know some folks in that area of "entertainment"
Sounds good I hear that we will be at the Kid Rock suite in Raleigh

My back up plan is to take my Porsche that would be fun through the twisties as well, its up to the weather

Sounds good I hear that we will be at the Kid Rock suite in Raleigh
hmm, yeah if thats over at Thee Doll House, man you better bring some coin
wink.gif
If thats a hotel, I have no clue where it is. I know its not at Pure Gold, as the owner has banned all Kid Rock music,etc from their establishments.

Either way should be fun, if you guys are heading to TDH, definately take some dollars, that place aint cheap nor are the girls.

oh yeah, and any radar detectors and active radar jammers are illegal as crap in VA, they will take them from you, you wont get em back ever and you'll get a nice good behavior award.......for that matter I'm pretty sure active radar jammers are illegal as crap in all states but I can assure you if a NC cop finds it, they will arrange for some overnight accomodations for you on their dime
wow.gif
Detectors are legal here though
cool.gif

the jammer is hard wired and hidden very hard to find also it only is active for 5 seconds to prevent them from knowing what is going on with there equipment. MY V1 on the other had will have to be in my bag when I get to VA oh well I will have to rely on the jammer

Back