New Sport Rider Mag BMW beats the Busa

why dont you just go thw whole way and get me a damn kawasaki...I'd rather walk:rofl::rofl:

i picked up the magazine in the store and glazed over it. i could be wrong but the numbers for the busa seemed wrong on the hp end and the qtr mile. i admit i didnt read the whole thing just snippits but i didnt come away thinking it compared in the performance end of it. oh well

Anyone see the new Sport Rider Mag. They put the Busa up against the new BMW K1300s. Busa won in quarter mile and cost, but lost everything else. One rider called the busa Long in the Tooth. I hope Suzuki reads this magazine. Next time when they go to the drawing board hopefully they won't stop short because they don't want to retool and give us a head to toe make over. From my Gen 1 to my Gen II there is a big difference but there is some things they could have refined.

Also the article didn't use the fastest color ORANGE/BLK so they might have been another issue :poke:

BINGO what I been saying since day ONE.

I wouldn't but it looks to be a really nice sport touring bike :thumbsup: But I would rather spend the money on the Busa an use the change for mods :whistle: which judging by the price of the beemer you may be buying an doing mods for quite a while.... As for all the new rider assist electronics :moon: all that means is more ****ing problems that only a dealer can fix.:whistle:
an how many people so far have swung over or are saving up for the new beemer don't be shy, you know we love all bikes:cheerleader:

Base price for the 193 hp beamer is $13,800...msrp for the busa is $13,199
be sure to prioritise your mods as $601 is not going to buy a lot.

The Beemer 1300 beat the busa slightly in top gear roll-ons due to lower gearing, and beat the busa in refinement. The busa was half a second quicker in the quarter mile, had 18 more hp, and will kill the beemer in any sort of true test of acceleration. Unfortunately, what sport rider said was just being the sledgehammer of the 2 wasn't enough :whistle:
I still prefer power and acceleration over everything else in my big bikes though :thumbsup:

i just got thru reading that seem to me like they were saying that the busa has seen its better days. bmw sure has alot of electronic stuff on it, that would worry me, i love my 09 busa. also the bmw was like 3 grand more, seems to me the busa would be the better buy.

Base price for the 193 hp beamer is $13,800...msrp for the busa is $13,199
be sure to prioritise your mods as $601 is not going to buy a lot.

Doh...nevermind, at first read I thought it was comparing the NEW beamer
the 1000. :banghead:

I will keep my busa for sure. Our computers have enough stuff on them, I don't need my brakes controlled by them as well. Just more stuff I would have to undo :) My first Suzuki was an RM125 back in the day and my first street suzuki was a 1988 Katana1100. I will stick with Suzuki no matter what they say.

Back