Sport Rider Magazine says K1300S > Busa

Remember one thing. Sport Rider is associated with the same people that own and run Motorcyclist....Also known as Catterson and Clowns LTD. Motorcyclist isn't even worth wiping your butt with so it now has no purpose. Glossy paper scratches too much....back to the Charmin.

Motorcyclist was trying to push the agenda that V-twins are the future and inline fours are the past. Just what I need.....someone telling me what I should be riding and pushing THEIR agenda on me. I let the subscription lapse and have no intention of ever renewing. They even got too lazy to take the test bikes out to the dragstrip and to the dyno. Didn't they just do an article on a Busa with a load of addons and never did a before or after dyno run?

Why buy a magazine to read about what someone added to a bike and not have any data with it? I can get that at any bike night in the Chicago area. I get tons of more info on this site. There are some very good and sharp people here.

Actually....magazines are the past and sites likes this are the present and the future. Motorcyclist seems to be pushing Euro bikes over the Asian ones so I wouldn't put too much credence in what SportRider is starting to say as it sounds like they are taking the same direction. Just don't buy it or subscribe to their site.

There was a thread on one of these sites that had an ex magazine writer on it, and he alluded that he told had to present a certain point of view. I don't know if these two magazines are like that, but there was a huge difference in Motorcyclist when Catterson took over from Mitch Boehm. I really do miss the product Boehm put out.

:rofl:.......:thumbsup:

In a real world situation, who in their right mind is going to jeapordize the reputation of the busa by twisting the throttle in 6th gear; when, let's say, on the hwy alongside the BMW? He's going to click her down to third or fourth and so will you. Enough said.......................race over, even up to 186MPH! Oh darn it, almost forgot, the Beemer can't reach anywhere near that velocity......such a pity!! :laugh:

One word! Gearing! Busa geared for 198, Bmw for what, maybe 170!

Yes, shorter gearing is the trick! Thats the way BMW tries to compensate less torque. A couple of months ago I desided to get rid of my K2 Haya. Was interessted in a K1300s. Basic version is 15k€ expansive. I read a lot in german K1200/1300 forum. A lot of problems with damaged engines and gear boxes. Many electronic problems (all those "unready" electronic toys) defects in switches, many "visits" at the dealer. So I bought a K8 Haya for 10k€. Pulls strong and like silk, I believe she will be as reliable as my old one. If someone thinks gearing is wrong- shift one gear down;-) The worst thing of the Haya are those ugly cans...have to change them

but there was a huge difference in Motorcyclist when Catterson took over from Mitch Boehm. I really do miss the product Boehm put out.
Gotta agree with you on that one. I subscribed to Motorcyclist for years and never cared much for Cycle World. But then Motorcyclist went seriously downhill and I let my subscription run out. Tried out Cycle World two years ago and have generally enjoyed it.

FWIW, I got that particular issue of Sport Rider two days ago in the mail. Think I signed up for a free one-year subscription. Found this thread when searching to see if anybody else had posted it. From what I read, they kept making excuses for the Beemer, like the front end is so much better than the old K1200, but still doesn't inspire the confidence of the Busa. WTF?

The way I take it, the BMW is so improved that it surprised the testers. Their "votes" to the Beemer say to me not that the BMW is better, but at least it's competitive. To be completely fair, they did close by saying that for the price difference, you could put a whole lot of improvement into the Busa.

Well let them write what they want to write... All I know is they spent 6k more than I did and I'm still faster lol.. :laugh:

They can't regear their bikes...

first of all, I think most of the magazines do care about advertisment and so do the bike manufacturers.
I buy about 4-5 magz everymonth and I have not read in one magazine about the 2008 cbr1000rr's oil problem, the '08 cbr1000rr (as some might know) is very thirsty on engine oil, but still not a single mag ever mentioned anything at all about that from either side of the ocean, which could only mean one thing, Honda is paying well, and in this case bmw seems also to have paid them well.
The new k1300s seems like a good bike, but performance wise I do not think it is in such a big league ahead of the busa, I did once race a freind of mine on a k1200s when I had 2006 cbr1000rr, and the k1200s was no way near the tail of my bike, we tried all sorts, roll-ons etc, especially at speeds above 250km (155mph) he was no where to be seen, so do not know how the 1300 could be so much better than a genII busa.
dam I could talk alot sometimes :laugh:

Back