Sport Rider Magazine says K1300S > Busa

No matter how hard they try, it'll just never be a 'busa.

They Can ALL Kiss My :moon:

The BUSA RULES :super:

Shaft drive, no thanks.

My thoughts exactly!

I have had the pleasure of a shaft drive (and even belt drives) and they can not! AND I REPEAT - CAN NOT compare with the chain drive. It is why you do not see the most competitive races and drags with a shaft.
I am sure to get flamed because I am not a racer, but I still think the chain drive will make the difference in the numbers once all is said and done.
Just me and my 2cts
Bubba

I ran one like 2 weeks ago it was funny. Just another thing to play with on the highway was not impressed at all:rofl::rofl:

I would be curious who owns the magazine or sponsers it ??? plus they did not mention looks, that bmw is butt a$$ ugly, Busa did not win any catagory ????????? suspicious

Whats the aftermarket like for that BMW? I see a $4k price difference. Dump $4k into a Busa and see who comes out ahead.:laugh:

Engine power 9.5 - 9.0
Engine-power delivery 9.3 - 8.8

Is it me... or dont we have the best powered and smoothest throttle response on a bike in the market?

Still... each to their own :)

This really doesn't matter since I enjoy my bike, but:

Engine power 9.5 - 9.0
Engine-power delivery 9.3 - 8.8

Somebody tell me what bike would be a 10 if the Busa is a 9.0 for engine power? Same goes for the power delivery category at an 8.8? At last check, (today) the Busa pulls like a freight train.

That K1300S looks to be a pretty nice ride. I certainly wouldn't kick one outta the garage and I have no problem with shaft drive for a non-track bike nor do I have a problem with a bit more comfort.

It even seems that the BMW offers respectable power/performance numbers, which is unexpected. That said, looks like the Hayabusa is still king, and by a hughe margin, where it's always claimed to be - in the 1/4 mile and the HP and torque #'s are owned by the Busa as well.

Additionally, and perhaps most importantly, the Hayabusa rings up at thousands less for initial cost and, presumably, maintenance costs.

Last, but certainly not least, is still a better looker! :laugh:

Zee Germans has improved a lot during the last years, and may come up with competitive and attractive bikes sooner than expected. They have already taken lead in the prestige car segment by high end Merceders, Audi and BMW's.

The price on japanese bikes has also increased a lot, at least here in Sweden, which gives BMW some advantage.

is it any surprise.....the busa is an old design, had a major overhaul recently but still an old design....but the BMW is all new.

magazine guys always go crazy for the new stuff.....

How do you explain these numbers?

Roll Ons
BMW 60-80/2.71 sec - Busa 60-80/2.98 sec
BMW 80-100/2.82 sec - Busa 80-100/3.07sec

BMW HP/Torque 146.8@9250/89.6@8000
Busa HP/Torque 164.8@9500/97.6@8500

The Busa has both more HP and Torque, yet is slower in the roll ons???
And I thought the shaft robs HP.
What is going on here?
I love both bikes.
But for appearance and price, the Busa is still a huge bargain.
Lenny

Busa $13K and change . K1300S $21K plus small change... and really do you care what Sport Rider or any mag except Motorcycle Consumer News reports? I ride what I ride because "I" like it. I have Beemer friends who don't ride with me now because I ride a Busa and we "don't have anything in common". That's how screwed up on this brand loyalty crap one can be. Ride what you like or can afford. Wardie

One word! Gearing! Busa geared for 198, Bmw for what, maybe 170!

How do you explain these numbers?

Roll Ons
BMW 60-80/2.71 sec - Busa 60-80/2.98 sec
BMW 80-100/2.82 sec - Busa 80-100/3.07sec

BMW HP/Torque 146.8@9250/89.6@8000
Busa HP/Torque 164.8@9500/97.6@8500

The Busa has both more HP and Torque, yet is slower in the roll ons???
And I thought the shaft robs HP.
What is going on here?
I love both bikes.
But for appearance and price, the Busa is still a huge bargain.
Lenny

Back