Sport Rider Mag does it again

speed750

Registered
Have you guys got the new sport rider mag yet. I bought one a couple of days ago. On the cover they have a "blurb" about the new kawi 1000 pushing 192 HP. WTF , thats more than the zx-14 . I guess it's just more sport rider hype.
rant.gif

I know, read about it in another mag, can also get it blue or black, crazier and crazier.

Kawasaki_ninja_zx_10_R_2008_22_1024x768.jpg

it is quite possible, would not want to compare the torque curve to the 14 or the busa however... peak power vs usable power "can" be different.. but I always appreciate a nice machine
smile.gif

I remember when my "biggest baddest streetbike made" was a MASSIVE 70 something horsepower ... and then the original Vmax came out... WOW 143 was unreal...

Sure glad my garage is only a 20X20 or I would own 20 bikes...

Sportrider is just stating the manufacturer claims. And those numbers are always at the crank. With a 15% loss through the drivetrain, that's about 163 rwhp. Sounds about right given what I've seen on the prior ZX10.

I assume that is crank HP and is that really more than Kawi claims on he 14? As far as Sport Rider goes their editor is Kent and I have worked personally with him on many articles over the years and he has to be one of the most honest and detailed oriented editors in the business. First he is a rider and former racer and is very fast. He pushes me more than any other editor to ensure everything I write for them is 110% accurate.

In the case of the ZX-10 numbers I think that came from the first ride press kit that Kawasaki gave out. Be assured they will dyno one in a future issue and the real rear wheel HP will be published

Both Kent and Andrew at Sport Rider are good people and I trust them completely

HP is relevant to power to weight ratios as well, ZX-10 id say is prob 100 lbs lighter then a 14 or busa, its all about the less weight the crank has to spin, why do you think todays pro racers are 100lbs soaking wet and everything is chopped, CF, Ti, to be lighter=faster

Yup, that's at the crank and the numbers are from Kawi not SR.

Think the Kawi will finally dethrone the Suzuki...??

I assume that is crank HP and is that really more than Kawi claims on he 14? As far as Sport Rider goes their editor is Kent and I have worked personally with him on many articles over the years and he has to be one of the most honest and detailed oriented editors in the business. First he is a rider and former racer and is very fast. He pushes me more than any other editor to ensure everything I write for them is 110% accurate.

In the case of the ZX-10 numbers I think that came from the first ride press kit that Kawasaki gave out. Be assured they will dyno one in a future issue and the real rear wheel HP will be published

Both Kent and Andrew at Sport Rider are good people and I trust them completely
Yeah, well, Kent and Andrew are also smart enough to know that advertising dollars is what makes or brakes a magazine as well. Don't kid yourself.

Ricky Gadson just dyno an 08 zx10 .. After a few pulls on pump gas it made 174 STD 169 SAE .. The then added a new Muzzy M10 pipe and made 183 STD , that was no P/C or tune or ram air ...Richard Gadson just rode it at an 1/8 mile track for the first time and ran 6.08@ 124 ...That is very fast for a stock wheel base bike ...Looks like Richard will be riding the bike in Prostar super sport class this year ..
I just picked up a new 08 black zx10 and let me tell you i have never felt a liter bike hit so hard in the upper RPMs like this thing does !!! The bike is nasty fast !!!
beerchug.gif

Yea I think I "saw" a kawi liter bike at the races.... I thought he was just there watching the Ducs, Zuks, and Yamahas race...
whistling.gif

That's this months issue where it did the comparo on the 14 VS the Busa...... Busa won every category but comfort.

Note, they threw in a 10 against the 14 and the 10 beat it as well.

They used some mealy mouthed words to conclude the victory for the Busa (Ad revenue!) but the outcome was clear.

An interesting shootout will be the 10 against the 1000 which they promise in a future month.

IT"S GOOD TO BE THE KING!

kickass.gif
LONG LIVE THE KING

any one of these bikes is pretty darn nice... sort of like picking between beauty pageant winners... which would I throw out?? yea right..... scoot over, room for one more.....

i've ran up against some pretty nasty gsx-r 1k's that are pretty wicked so its not that surprising that the kawi's do the same

i cant stand where they put the front blinkers. flush mounts on the side look just fine
Read the article, the blinkers are actually designed to cut air and deflect it around the rider's shoulders.
wowold.gif

They apparently spent almost as much time in the wind tunnel on this as Zuk did with the Busa- they are unapologetically COMPLETELY focused on this thing as a Superbike track beast and every MPH and HP counts, NO care was given to the street rider with this iteration. Gonna be a badass beast on the track...
drools.gif

I don't care what brand it is, I'd LOVE to toss one around a track any day...

Back