Sport Rider Mag does it again

Ricky Gadson just dyno an 08 zx10 ..  After a few pulls on pump gas it made 174 STD  169 SAE  .. The then added a new Muzzy M10 pipe and made 183 STD , that was no P/C or tune or ram air ...Richard Gadson just rode it at an 1/8 mile track for the first time and ran 6.08@ 124 ...That is very fast for a stock wheel base bike ...Looks like Richard will be riding the bike in Prostar super sport class this year ..
 I just picked up a new 08 black zx10  and let me tell you i have never felt a liter bike hit so hard in the upper RPMs like this thing does !!! The bike is nasty fast !!!  
beerchug.gif
so the pipe & tune made maybe 8rwhp SAE? what about the torque number... would be more curious what they look like w/ A/F curve

Ricky Gadson just dyno an 08 zx10 ..  After a few pulls on pump gas it made 174 STD  169 SAE  .. The then added a new Muzzy M10 pipe and made 183 STD , that was no P/C or tune or ram air ...Richard Gadson just rode it at an 1/8 mile track for the first time and ran 6.08@ 124 ...That is very fast for a stock wheel base bike ...Looks like Richard will be riding the bike in Prostar super sport class this year ..
 I just picked up a new 08 black zx10  and let me tell you i have never felt a liter bike hit so hard in the upper RPMs like this thing does !!! The bike is nasty fast !!!  
beerchug.gif
so the pipe & tune made maybe 8rwhp SAE? what about the torque number... would be more curious what they look like w/ A/F curve
View attachment 1315004

beerchug.gif
View attachment 1315006
Let me try that again..This one is for the stock pipe ..He didn't post one for the after market pipe..

dyno_1.jpg

Yup, that's at the crank and the numbers are from Kawi not SR.

Think the Kawi will finally dethrone the Suzuki...??
I don't know about dethroning, but I'm sure it'll equal the 08 Gixx.

I'm already curious to know what Zuk has in store for 09. The 1K is already due for a complete makeover. Oh how time flies!!

I jumped ship from Kawasaki back in 02, when I got my 02 GSXR1000 I'de been wantin since 01. I've yet to ride the new ZX10, but man the 04, and 06 are nasty. They seem to have a little more power than the GSXRs, but it was harder to get it to hook up, which made it alot of fun to ride!
The new one doesn't look quite as good though, and those are some funky turn signals.

I don't know about dethroning, but I'm sure it'll equal the 08 Gixx.

I'm already curious to know what Zuk has in store for 09. The 1K is already due for a complete makeover. Oh how time flies!!

A friend of mine has a black 09 GSXR1000 with the full Yoshimura. Man, it is awesome, I think the 07, 08 are crippling to ride, but the 09 is a complete turn around. Personally, it feels like they finally made it perfect. If I'de rode it b4 I bought my Busa, i might not be on here:laugh:

it is quite possible, would not want to compare the torque curve to the 14 or the busa however... peak power vs usable power "can" be different.. but I always appreciate a nice machine
smile.gif

I remember when my "biggest baddest streetbike made" was a MASSIVE 70 something horsepower ... and then the original Vmax came out... WOW 143 was unreal...

Sure glad my garage is only a 20X20 or I would own 20 bikes...

I thought you did ??

That does sound like a lot of power for a 10 to be putting down to the wheel. That number is more likely at the crank like some of the other knowledgable guys have stated.

Back