New rider on 09 busa

:welcome: need pics :rulez:

I rode in C mode till about 200 miles. It's like a whole new bike when you put it in A. Hold out as long as you can and savor the anticipation. Change the oil at 300miles and then at the first service change oil and filter. The break in oil will look like Cadillac paint with all the particles floating around. Check the chain at around 400mi it should be time to adjust. Take it easy till you break in the suspension. Things will soften up a bit.

:welcome: dont run over anything bigger than a cat, and no matter how much they beg, dont let your buds ride her. Dont think you need to race everybody that rolls up on you. and they will! you got nothing to prove. your on a busa. nuff said!:thumbsup:

Man, I couldn't agree more with this post !!!! EVERYBODY was asking me to ride it. I let one guy I knew a long time, and he was gone fore about 25 minutes, longest 25 min. of my life !! And YES everybody from 16 year olds in Mustangs, to anything on 2 wheels want to see how they will do against "The Busa".

WELCOME to the site, you will like it here, this place just adds to the Busa experiance. I agree with taking your time getting to know the bike, not that you couldn't handle it, but what's the hurry, it's yours for as long as you want .

Now about the rules here.....we need to see that thing !!! We like pictures !!

Hey, C.F. It's me! The guy(same name as you :) who stayed with you and your new Hayabusa till you fired it up and rolled out of the dealership. Glad you logged in and became a member! I think this is going to increase your enjoyment of the new Busa tremendously. How was the trip home? I bet you'll need a Grinder to get the Grin off your face! Xmas in August :) Glad you took my advise on the Hayabusa.org :) Cheers on the new Busa

Thanks bro for waiting. This thing is absolutely awesome. Dude, I was smiling all the way home. Please call me at the office and we can get some lunch. Look forward to riding with you. Took her out this morning and could not sleep last night cause I was thinking about riding!

Last edited:
Man, I couldn't agree more with this post !!!! EVERYBODY was asking me to ride it. I let one guy I knew a long time, and he was gone fore about 25 minutes, longest 25 min. of my life !! And YES everybody from 16 year olds in Mustangs, to anything on 2 wheels want to see how they will do against "The Busa".

WELCOME to the site, you will like it here, this place just adds to the Busa experiance. I agree with taking your time getting to know the bike, not that you couldn't handle it, but what's the hurry, it's yours for as long as you want .

Now about the rules here.....we need to see that thing !!! We like pictures !!
Thanks I will get some pics up right away!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input! I told an old friend of mine that it feels like you are riding on the back of a giant eagle. This bike is something I have been looking for. What a machine!

So, tell the truth.............how many times did you get out of bed to go look at it ? I was like a little kid on Christmas eve. I had to keep going to the garage, and make sure I really had it. At about 4:00 a.m. I couldn't take it anymore, I had to go for a ride. At the time I was with my wife, and she looked up at me from the bed, and said "where are you going at 4 in the morning, OHHHH never mind, you're worse than a kid".

:welcome: to the oRg, unfortunately C mode doesn't drop the additional weight just the ponies. Take it easy and get use to her and you'll be fine :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard!
Hope you enjoy that new bike, just take it easy for a real long time!!!!!!!!
Just my .02 cents.I only mean that in a possitive way.:beerchug:

Back