brakes on busa

What the heck, here are my 2cents.

I changed out my stock pads to EBC HH and it was a night-day difference. A few months after that, I changed out my front brake lines to Galfer SS lines. And to be honest, at moderate brake pressure I couldn't tell the difference (still using the EBC HH). Only after repeated hard braking was I able to finally tell that braking was much more consistent. I ended up putting Galfer wave rotors on and at street speeds, again no noticeable difference. In short, brake pads are the best value mod for braking performance in normal street use. If you do trackdays, then SS lines are a must. Otherwise, save yourself some dough. I've been thinking about upgrading the MC (like Brembo) but would like to hear from some folks here who did the gradual brake upgrades like I did. It seems most people went whole-hog on their brake upgrades and really couldn't quantify which change was the most beneficial.

-PR

(Nekosohana @ Jun. 11 2007,14:15) Personally, I bought a set of Galfter Steel Braded lines and clutch cables. EBC HH pads as well.

With no other change, I can tell a HUGE difference. It's a low cost mod overall, and will increase the braking power of the Busa tremendously.

I don't care that others say "My '2099 GSX-R 15million cc', can one finger brake so hard I can flip over and land on the front wheel, while serving me a cheeseburger and wiping my ass with it's built in shitter and still allow me to do a Jesus stand with no helmet at the same time." Yipee.

The reality is that compared to the stock brakes, the steel lines and new pads are infinately better, have more grab, and I am really glad that I put them on. Busa to Busa there is a difinitive improvement.
+1

I think the pads are a big part of that, the stockers are a little "wooden".

And a VERY careful bleeding of the lines goes a long way also
biggrin.gif

(Glyn @ Jun. 11 2007,17:44)
(Nekosohana @ Jun. 11 2007,14:15) Personally, I bought a set of Galfter Steel Braded lines and clutch cables.  EBC HH pads as well.

With no other change, I can tell a HUGE difference.  It's a low cost mod overall, and will increase the braking power of the Busa tremendously.  

I don't care that others say "My '2099 GSX-R 15million cc', can one finger brake so hard I can flip over and land on the front wheel, while serving me a cheeseburger and wiping my ass with it's built in shitter and still allow me to do a Jesus stand with no helmet at the same time."  Yipee.

The reality is that compared to the stock brakes, the steel lines and new pads are infinately better, have more grab, and I am really glad that I put them on.  Busa to Busa there is a difinitive improvement.
+1

I think the pads are a big part of that, the stockers are a little "wooden".

And a VERY careful bleeding of the lines goes a long way also  
biggrin.gif
Yeah. The bleeding falls unfer "above average" in the brake change checklist.

lol

Slightly OT here but has anyone ever gone thru a set of rear pads before using up the front ones? I try not to use the brakes at all
laugh.gif
and on all my other bikes, now and before, I've never used up rear pads like I did on the first set on the Busa. Maybe I'm trail braking more? Was going to change the fronts and saw that the wear slots were still there and the pads were still in good shape.

(NCpanther01 @ Jun. 09 2007,16:06) I swearby my steel lines and EBC pads! It made a hell of a dfifference for me.
....Heil lines, HH pads....... night and day difference between stock and mine. If I had the courage/stupidity at my age, I'd be able to do two finger stoppies.... but I don't!
cool.gif

I did mine in stages as well. Is it all necessary, well it depends on your use of the bike.

Started with HH pads.. big improvement over stock (better/consistant braking)
Swapped to Hel SS lines (better feel)
Swapped to wave rotors (nothing to noticable in changes just felt better overall, may be psychological though)
Swapped to Radial brake (huge imrpovement in feel, control, much more adjustable over stock)
Swapped to +size full floaters and calipers, new spiegler SS lines, SBS pads (the total combination really makes the front brakes feel alot more controlable with alot less effort)

P3272294.jpg

P5283279.jpg

P1222245.jpg

(CBXRider @ Jun. 11 2007,19:17) Slightly OT here but has anyone ever gone thru a set of rear pads before using up the front ones?  I try not to use the brakes at all  
laugh.gif
 and on all my other bikes, now and before, I've never used up rear pads like I did on the first set on the Busa.  Maybe I'm trail braking more?  Was going to change the fronts and saw that the wear slots were still there and the pads were still in good shape.
Go hit up Pashnit's site and check out his Hayabusa Modification's section.

That boy can eat up some rear brake.

Back