Updating brakes

gizmo

Registered
I have a 2003 standard BUSA with no mods. I would like to upgrade the front brakes. Any suggestions as to a make of better brakes?

It you want to change out the lines for stainless steel, I would recommend Goodridge. I have the stainless steel lines wrapped in grey plastic (they call them carbon-look) and I like them a lot.

What are you wanting to do? You should get better braking by just changing pads and installing braided lines. If you want more, look at Brembo. They have some of the best brakes in the world, if not THE best. Like any system, every component part is necessary for it run at its best. I have a bike with bremos, and if the wrong type of pad is on there, the brakes have no feel and suck, though still stop quickly. With the right pads and braided lines, they are awesome. Set up your stock front brake, it will cost much less. If you are not satisfied, then go for new calipers, rotors and master cylinder. But you had better do it all at once to make a complete system change, so you don't have miss-matched stuff that doesn't work together at all.

I just changed my front lines to Speigler. What a huge change, I just can't believe I waited 5000 mies to do it.

Yep I went with steel braided lines with the clear coat plastic and the braking and I noticed an immediate improvement in the feel of the brakes. Once again it all depends on what your objectives are the stock brakes are great if you have them set up correctly

Brembo would be my brake of choice but for the $ I went with Galfer pads & steel lines very very good! :thumbsup:

Back