2004 busa.  Brakes

Lyrikz

Registered
I have been meaning to post this question for along time now. I purchased my 2004 busa a while agon and i noticed that the front brakes always seem mushy... I hop on any other sport bike and the front brakes are DEAD solid.

Is this normal with the busa??? Is there anything i can do?? Should i bleed them? Do i need SS lines for the front??

Any and all info would be appreciated.

You pretty much answered your own Q on this one. The dealer set-up can be quite miserable and they don't often do what they are supposed to. Bleed the front brakes and it should be good. The factory lines on these, like most bikes, are nothting more than acceptable. The SS line upgrade is money well spent and makes a huge difference!
smile.gif

..SS lines a must on the busa..

bleed them alright but it won't make a world of difference (except if the system is REALLY full of air.. not likely, you would have noticed on your way down..
smile.gif
)

just get the ss lines, and a fresh set of pads..

..SS lines a must on the busa..

bleed them alright but it won't make a world of difference (except if the system is REALLY full of air..  not likely, you would have noticed on your way down..  
smile.gif
 )

just get the ss lines, and a fresh set of pads..
New pads?? Bike has 1600 miles on it.

So, where is the best place to get some SS lines??? Might as well bleed them while im puttin new lines on.

mine was abit dodgy i gotta admit coz of standard brake pipes i think so i put some BSR hoses on from moto-flex.really sorted the brakes out.anouther thing you could do wich i would recommend is find somewhere where u can get custom leavers made(works great more feeling in front brakes).
and i got custom wavy disks made aswell tho's give it that finnishing toutch
wink.gif

custom_leavers.JPG

just put a custom torque bar on there aswell so i'll put pics up soon,hope you sort out the problem (ride carefull).

HH and these lines are sweet matey,for braking there awsome,i just got abit of a problem cos it keeps locking back wheel up and i litrally get the bike full sideways skid,and there very controlable.
there as good to say (it would stop on a 2 piece if it could).
the thing with those custom leavers coz there in the shape of ur hand they go out in shape abit more than stock ones,if ur into doing endo's and all there be ideal(but im not into that).
look if any of you want the man i can get ya his number but he's from uk,tell him wat u want and he will get it ya
biggrin.gif

big e the rear rotor is sweet but be carefull if you buy 1,theres alot of rumors round ere at moment that some of these parts are made by loads of manufactures that use poor materials,and dont test um.

yeppers.  Enough has been said already.

What are the other sportbikes you are comparing to?
Comparing to a 2003 r6, a 2004 cbr 1000r, a 2004 R1.  a 2001 SV suzuki.

All of them NIGHT and day better then mine..
All of the bikes mentioned also have very simalar braking systems as the Busa and weigh about a hundred or so pounds less. I feel the same way about the big Busa's brakes. Replacing rotors, lines, pads, and calipers is a way to go. Or you can just try to reduce unsprung weight (wheels, rotors).

yeppers.  Enough has been said already.

What are the other sportbikes you are comparing to?
Comparing to a 2003 r6, a 2004 cbr 1000r, a 2004 R1.  a 2001 SV suzuki.

All of them NIGHT and day better then mine..
All of the bikes mentioned also have very simalar braking systems as the Busa and weigh about a hundred or so pounds less. I feel the same way about the big Busa's brakes. Replacing  rotors, lines, pads, and calipers is a way to go. Or you can just try to reduce unsprung weight (wheels, rotors).
Well, its not a matter of them stopping better. Its just there is ALOT of play.. I even adjusted the lever and its still just REALLY mushy..

Im going to bleed them and see whats up.

Back