New rider on 09 busa

cjf1

Registered
Just got my busa and it feels great! Any recommendations as far as safety? I am riding in "C" right now just to warm up. I came from a 600 and have about 2 years exp. I met someone at the dealer who referred me to this site. Thanks for any input!

:thumbsup: All I can say is take it easy on her she can do anything you ask of her make sure you can handle it before you ask:laugh:

:welcome:

:rulez:

:worthless:

lets see some

Hey, C.F. It's me! The guy(same name as you :) who stayed with you and your new Hayabusa till you fired it up and rolled out of the dealership. Glad you logged in and became a member! I think this is going to increase your enjoyment of the new Busa tremendously. How was the trip home? I bet you'll need a Grinder to get the Grin off your face! Xmas in August :) Glad you took my advise on the Hayabusa.org :) Cheers on the new Busa!

:welcome: Take it out of C mode and ride it like you would the 600 assuming you are not a rev head:laugh:you will feel the difference in the power delivery and if you take your time to feel the power delivery you will understand why this machine is so awesome :bowdown: good luck with it and keep safe.:beerchug::thumbsup:

:welcome:, and congrats on the purchase.......you will not be disappointed.....:rulez:

Congrats and welcome! :beerchug: Take your time and learn the feel of the bike before pushing any limits (personal or machine).

nice grab and welcome aboard! there is nothing like buying a new ride. you're doing the right thing by taking it easy and make sure you follow the break in. :thumbsup:

:welcome: dont run over anything bigger than a cat, and no matter how much they beg, dont let your buds ride her. Dont think you need to race everybody that rolls up on you. and they will! you got nothing to prove. your on a busa. nuff said!:thumbsup:

:welcome:. My first advice is to take it out of C mode. Run in A mode and learn what your bike has to offer. Follow the break in schedule and don't race every knucklehead that pulls up beside you. Your on a Busa and that is all that needs to be known. Welcome aboard. There is a ton of info that you will get from this site.

:welcome:

Other than the power, which has been mentioned, keep in the back of your mind that you have a lot more mass to stop and leave yourself more time and space than you've been accustomed to from your experience on the 600.

I really like the white '09. Someone will be along soon to ask for pictures...just to give you a heads up.

Back