New Biker Parent

This is a new feeling. My 22 yr old son living in Tampa, FL just bought his first bike. Talk about mixed emotions and feelings of hypocracy, even though he took my advice and completed the beginners MSF course. I suggested he start out with a 600 or 750, but no, he went only one step down from the Busa and he got a ZX-10! I'm trying to be a good father and give him the proper mix of warnings and support, but it is hard. I am afraid for him as my son has a history of speeding in a cage. I am afraid for myself as my youngest son was killed in an auto accident less than 2 years ago. It is tough being a parent, even after they are grown and gone, you still worry too darn much. All I can do is pray and continue to give him as much advice as possible. I'm about to get on amazon.com and send him a couple of good riding technique books. I just got off of the phone with him and we will be going to kevin schwantz's school together this year. That's about all I can think of right now. Any advice would be welcomed.

DJ
Damn SageR, you don't even look old enough to have a 22yr old anything. Must be in your genes huh?
rock.gif
You and your son look like brothers rather than father and son. My son is about to turn 14 and he has no interest in motorcycles at all. He is only interested in sports.
cool.gif
Anyway, good luck man. I think that your son will be a little more responsible with riding as long as you provide support and guidance as much as possible.

Brian

Thanks Brian ... I'll be 48 in June ... must be that well water I grew up on in Tuskegee  
blush.gif
And of course riding the Busa keeps us young and happy
biggrin.gif

DJ

<!--EDIT|sageronin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082347099 -->

I'm still in shock over "the pants"

what can ya say.....pictures say a thousand words....

hav a "Fit-Free" 1........RSD.

pants_....yuk...dum_ffoooo.jpg

RSD ... I know man ... kids/young folks these days ... what can you say ... that's enough material to make 3 pair of good fitting pants ... on top of that, they don't wear a belt with them ... so they walk around pulling them up all day ... too funny
smile.gif

DJ

RSD, I have never seen a grown man so obsessed with another man's pants. Is there something you want to tell us all
rock.gif
or do you just want a pair for yourself. I must say you do have expensive taste though, cause I can assure you those pants cost more than anything in your wardrobe.

RSD, I have never seen a grown man so obsessed with another man's pants. Is there something you want to tell us all
rock.gif
 or do you just want a pair for yourself. I must say you do have expensive taste though, cause I can assure you those pants cost more than anything in your wardrobe.
Too cool......the new guy is pickin on the old school bruiser.......whad'ya say to that ol' man.....he's nockin yer wardrobe.
Have ya checked out the "Where the hell is RSD" thread Adonis.......Rub has a serious case of squidsation
I can vouch for his poor taste in clothing........his wife deffinately does not dress him.......she's very classy, and has style......The best thing I can say about Rub is: "Yer wife is hot"

Heheh....I see now.

First off...Adonis: Welcome to board and congratulations on the bike. I hope that you stay safe and always remember when you ride that your dad will always want you to come home to him....ALWAYS.

I know it's a little personal, but count your blessings to have a father that cares for you...very much, obviously. At least you have had that figure in your 22 years of life.

I did not had the same opportunity....so please: cherish the fact that you have one.

As fer you pickin on da Rubbah....heheh...your choice. All I'm gonna say about Rubbah is that I'll jump into a barfight with him, any place...any time. He's a good 'ol bastid. Da Rubbah places pretty high in my book...as do a number of these good folks here.

I hope that we can impart some knowledge and even more maturity unto you. We all know how fast we can a$$ things up on these speed machines in an instant.

Ride safe, bro.

Heheh....I see now.

First off...Adonis: Welcome to board and congratulations on the bike. I hope that you stay safe and always remember when you ride that your dad will always want you to come home to him....ALWAYS.

I know it's a little personal, but count your blessings to have a father that cares for you...very much, obviously. At least you have had that figure in your 22 years of life.

I did not had the same opportunity....so please: cherish the fact that you have one.

As fer you pickin on da Rubbah....heheh...your choice. All I'm gonna say about Rubbah is that I'll jump into a barfight with him, any place...any time. He's a good 'ol bastid.  Da Rubbah places pretty high in my book...as do a number of these good folks here.

I hope that we can impart some knowledge and even more maturity unto you. We all know how fast we can a$$ things up on these speed machines in an instant.

Ride safe, bro.
Soooo, you do have a serious side don't you?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

Brian

Yeah son ... what PAC said ... this is a great forum and there's lots of knowledge and wisdom to be gained by listening and learning. We also like to have fun too, so if one of the veterans like RSD 'jones' on ya, that means he likes you. Keep it light and in the spirit of fun and bikers comradery. Trust me ... I'm gonna get some of the same when I get that new "tomato" Busa for my birthday in June!

DJ

Heheh....I see now.

As fer you pickin on da Rubbah....heheh...your choice. All I'm gonna say about Rubbah is that I'll jump into a barfight with him, any place...any time. He's a good 'ol bastid.  Da Rubbah places pretty high in my book...as do a number of these good folks here.

Ride safe, bro.
Soooo, you do have a serious side don't you?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

Brian
Actually, yeah.

My wife loves to joke around....she's always laughing, smiling, giggling. When we first went out, she said I was so serious; liek she was scared I was gonna tell her to get outta the car and walk home or something.

Now, I'm a little more mellow and shid, but I still have that serious side in me.

Shaving does more than ya know, Ba....

rock.gif
sorry 'bout the "Pants thing" , its just that I always laffed like fug when them stoopid circus clowns came out wearin' those exact pajama's you have on .

You say you paid a big bundle of cash for them eh ?

all I can do is offer MY CONDOLENCES .

guess I'm just old an' practical now.....

TRY: ridin' in those things
walkin' like a normal human
workin' in yer garage
playin' sports
pickin' up chicks
cuttin' rug at the local night club
going to work

I'm sorry , you said them over priced stoopid lookin' pants were good for what ?

empty wallet,stoopid pants......

The Greek Adonis.

hav a fashion-free 1.....RSD.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

laugh.gif

rock.gif
sorry 'bout the  "Pants thing" ,  its just that I always laffed like fug when them stoopid circus clowns came out wearin' those exact pajama's you have on .

all I can do is offer    MY CONDOLENCES .

TRY:  ridin' in those things
            workin' in yer garage
            playin' sports
            pickin' up chicks
           going to work

I'm sorry , you said them over priced stoopid lookin' pants were good for what ?

The Greek Adonis.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

cool.gif
Rub......yer jealous aren't ya???

laugh.gif

All I can do is lol!!! Let me take a step back and respect my elders. Didn't mean for you to take it serious RSD, but you have to respect the fact that you can't be the only one laughing.:laugh: By the way, if there is one thing those pants are good for, it's picking up chicks. The ladies love the fact that they are nice and loose, that way I don't have to peel off to burn a rubber. Feel me!
laugh.gif
Anyway, I appreciate the advice Pacific and you better believe that I will make sure I come home everynight by staying as safe as possible out there. I know we can't prevent what happens in our surroundings, so I always expect the worse and stay prepared. I definitely have the greatest father a young man can ask for, so I have to make sure that I am here long enough to become atleast half the man he is.

rock.gif
sorry 'bout the  "Pants thing" ,  its just that I always laffed like fug when them stoopid circus clowns came out wearin' those exact pajama's you have on .

all I can do is offer    MY CONDOLENCES .

TRY:  ridin' in those things
            workin' in yer garage
            playin' sports
            pickin' up chicks
           going to work

The Greek Adonis.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

cool.gif
ices_rofl.gif
ices_rofl.gif
ices_rofl.gif

too fugin funny!!!

I used to wear baggy pants once apon a time.
but i became so poor due to my driving habbits, i grew in to them cause i couldnt afford to buy new ones, i was paying tickets off. lol

at least i dont have to by new close and more.

J/K
lol

o wait my son is going to be 13 any day now
i guess i will wear his clothes then and still not have to buy new ones.

lol

smile.gif

sorry im bored

just wanted to laugh

laugh.gif

ices_rofl.gif

ices_rofl.gif

All I can do is lol!!! Let me take a step back and respect my elders. Didn't mean for you to take it serious RSD, but you have to respect the fact that you can't be the only one laughing.:laugh: By the way, if there is one thing those pants are good for, it's picking up chicks. The ladies love the fact that they are nice and loose, that way I don't have to peel off to burn a rubber. Feel me!
laugh.gif
Anyway, I appreciate the advice Pacific and you better believe that I will make sure I come home everynight by staying as safe as possible out there. I know we can't prevent what happens in our surroundings, so I always expect the worse and stay prepared. I definitely have the greatest father a young man can ask for, so I have to make sure that I am here long enough to become atleast half the man he is.
What kind of chicks do you pick up?

Sowwy...all I can do is wonder, I'm with the guys on this one.
1zhelp.gif

You guys are killen me ...yeah Adonis you're supposed to respect your elders, but sometimes those elders deserve a toned down JAB back if ya know what I mean. Be blessed.
laugh.gif

Back