New 08 vs. Slightly Used 08

jadejade1077

Registered
Hello all,

I am finally at the point of purchasing and need some opinions.  I am located in Baltimore and the best price I have been able to find so far is $12500 OTD (taxes, tags...etc).  I recently learned of a used 08 with a "few hundred" miles with price negotiable.  Is there any benefit to either choice?  If your opinion is go used, what price should I ask for OTD? BTW, both are through dealers.

Thanks,

k

Really the only good would be that the used bike might be past the break in so you would be able to use it to its full strength, BUT did the person who used it treat it correctly through the break in process.

BUY THE NEW ONE
beerchug.gif

unless the price is a lot cheaper for the used one, get the new one and you will know how it has been ridden.

good luck
beerchug.gif

never bought a used sport bike myself... I like wearing them out myself....

And indicated mileage is a joke IMO.. thing could have thousands and thousands of miles on it already..

I buy new bikes only .

Unless they are RC30's or RG500 Gamma's  
biggrin.gif

There's some really nice used Busa's though . Just look for all the tell tale warning signs if the price difference is enough to merit used of same model and year . If the bike is at a dealer try to talk to the original owner and ask how fast he thought it was . Get him talking .

Or buy new and save time since time is money  
ThumbsUp.gif

i also buy only new bikes.
If you know the owner, it s ok, otherwise maybe.. forget it

hayabusa.org.JPG

Not everyone beats their bikes to death.   Knowing what to look for and simply talking to the owner of the used bike can tell you alot of things and is the key to a good deal.  Plus alot of times the used bikes have alot of expensive add-ons that you would otherwise have to spend your money on.  Main thing is, Don't assume the worst all the time.  These bikes can handle alot of abuse and they work fine.

Romney Cycles in Romney WV.... It is not to far from you and if you want they will deliver to your door.. A friend called last week and they told him $10,400.00 for an '08 Busa. When I was checking the said about $100.00 to bring it to Southern MD, that was a while ago and I am sure it is a little more because of gas prices..

Better do it soon. A friend of mine stops in there regularly and he told me Romney is gonna stop selling streetbikes altogether so they can focus more on watercraft and offroad.

Not everyone beats their bikes to death. Knowing what to look for and simply talking to the owner of the used bike can tell you alot of things and is the key to a good deal. Plus alot of times the used bikes have alot of expensive add-ons that you would otherwise have to spend your money on. Main thing is, Don't assume the worst all the time. These bikes can handle alot of abuse and they work fine.
Paul,

That is very true, just look at mine.. Had to show it off again..

Why would they do that, they are the largest whole saler and they do a cash and carry business and very little warrenty work.. Sweet deal for them..

DSC05727a.jpg

Back