Warranty Question

pulk

Registered
Hey guys, just returned from Honda/Suzuki Freewheeling of Douglasville GA. Man, first time I have seen an orange 08 it was beautiful. Makes the decision even tougher now. I am in the early negotiation stages with the dealership and they were a fair amount higher than I was looking for. Basically, $12700 OTD (that includes all charges, taxes, tag, etc.). I told him I'm looking for 11,500 and he said "he would work with me". He's supposed to call me back tomorrow.

Anyways, I've never bought a new bike before and I was wondering: If I bought the bike out of state at another dealership, is the warranty valid at any Suzuki dealer or just at the dealer where the sell originated?

Yes! you need only give them the VIN# and you should get your warrantee

I have " Western " not Suzuki's 5 year unlimited mile warranty that starts after the factory warranty. Cost me $650 and it's good any where that Ive been.

I have " Western " not Suzuki's 5 year unlimited mile warranty that starts after the factory warranty. Cost me $650 and it's good any where that Ive been.

Wow! you have 3 of them plans Gunny?
laugh.gif

I had a sale price of $13,000 OTD local (price incl' all taxes etc..). When I said no thanks I'd rather fly to Romney WV or Toledo OH to buy it, they offered the $13k but with an extended warranty.. My reply was WTF am I going to do with a warranty? I've void that within the first 3months
smile.gif
So I asked if I could get a lower price and they keep the "factory" warranty
smile.gif
Oh well.

Yes, as mentioned above, factory warranties are valid anywhere.

As for modding vs. voiding warranty, refer to the Magnuson-Moss Act. Basically, if the part you install directly effects the problem the warranty could be voided. However, just because you install a bolt-on exhaust, if your engine blows they have to prove it was the exhausts fault or they have to warranty the repair, basically.

smile.gif

Not sure about the warranty, but I have gotten a very good price on 08 Busa,$10,650. This includes bike, fees and delivery from N.C. Smith's Powersports. The phone number is (800)549-6009. Give them a call and ask them about the warranty question.Better yet call your local dealer and ask them about it.
laugh.gif

warranty is as good as new in any state as well as the recalls if there are any...if you buy elsewhere your local dealer will take his time on any warranty issues with your bike since it was not purchased through him and take of the customers who spent money with him first..kinda back burner but suzuki states warranty is good at any dealer in any state..

Back