Put deposit on a new 08 today!! Couple questions...

I 2nd the previous post, you 2 should get together, even if traveling is needed to pick the bike up, WAY sweeter deal, the guy really took care of it when I read the thread and giving extras. Way sweeter deal. I would jump on it if I were you. No questions.

I can't believe what some of you paid for your bikes... :eek:

I paid $10,500 OTD for mine back when they first came out. I'd be offering $9k for it since it's been sitting so long. If he won't even get close to $10k, I'd get your money back and walk. There are WAY to many deals out there right now to mess with crap dealers that still think they are worth MSRP or even close let alone for a almost 3-year old bike.... :spank:

I used to work at a suzuki dealer, they are never any rebates on Hayabusa's for whatever reason, but the mark up on them is high.

I wouldn't go over $10,000

Danksy, ur wrong on the no rebate thing. Suzuki does give rebates. They do in Canada anyways, but thats directly to the dealer. Based on the dealer, they pass those rebates to the customer. The dealer I got my bike from sells alot of bikes. best prices in the atlantic provinces hands down. They show me the rebates on paper.

I think anything more than 9K for a new 08 would be excessive. You might wanna think about Kento's nice 08 save yourself $3K and get a new seat or mods!

I got a brand new 09 with 0 miles last week for 10,999 + tax otd without them trying to strong arm me with any extra fees like dealer find($100),salesman fee($200), paper work(documentation $200),assembly/inspection($200), first service-or void warranty($150),gap,ect. Not bad considering 09 was only 3 months ago and they are not getting any 2010's. The original 99 busa was 10,499 and with inflation that would be over 13,000 today before financing. I also got killer financing at a set 4.99% for 60mo @ 227a month.

The other stealer wanted 11,999 + another 1,000 in hidden fees, and bad financing. They said i was good for $250 a month but couldn't get into a busa. Tried to push an 09 GSXR600 on me for 8,5000 but it would have been closer to 11,500 after taxes, hidden fees, and interest. I would rather spend another $2000 and get a busa. There are allot of killer deals on used ones for 5000-7000 these days if you have the cash.

Last edited:

I paid $10,500 OTD for mine back when they first came out. I'd be offering $9k for it since it's been sitting so long. If he won't even get close to $10k, I'd get your money back and walk. There are WAY to many deals out there right now to mess with crap dealers that still think they are worth MSRP or even close let alone for a almost 3-year old bike.... :spank:

No doubt!!

I got my price by having my local dealer match a great Ebay price I found from another dealer but that was last April. Had him go online from his desk to prove it. Check Ebay and then go at them with that.

Do you absolutely need one from a Suz dealer? There are alot of awesome deals on slightly used bikes, especially if you have cash. I got my Blue & Gold 08 last Sept for $6600 Cash. Mint condition, and I am picky ... 4400 miles on it.

Couldn't agree more!

Whyme, Where you located? If you need any help looking for a bike with a better price let me know. I never buy from dealerships since you'll never get the best bang from your buck from them.

Best of luck to you. When you get your bike let me know, we'll go riding.

Ok...you stole that one. What a great deal! Oh, and I got mine for $10,400 in the fall of 08.

Do you absolutely need one from a Suz dealer? There are alot of awesome deals on slightly used bikes, especially if you have cash. I got my Blue & Gold 08 last Sept for $6600 Cash. Mint condition, and I am picky ... 4400 miles on it.

Hey guys sorry about not posting we have been out of town the past 2 days and this morning got a call from our neighbor saying sometime last night our house was broke into. The bastards took EVERYTHING they could make money on. Anyway the worst part is we just moved in to this house about a month ago and I opened the insurance policy 5 days ago today. Ironic IMO. I put the deposit down because I for an 08 I know I can get it for 10k or under so thats why I put a deposit on it. I was hoping to pick it up this week but now im going to wait until my insurance pays out. Should be week or so. But it really sucks that there is people out there that would rather steal than to work a day in their life. In all the crazyness today I did get a good laugh when I opened my fridge and my ribeye was stolen to! LMBFAO. Anyway I will keep everyone posted thanks for responding.

They didnt cook the ribeye on your stove did they? I saw that on trutv "dumbest criminals" one time....anyway, sorry about your break-in, there are really some lowlives out there. Glad you had insurance though and good luck on the Busa purchase....

Did your OTD price include tax, title, and tags?

Back