Put deposit on a new 08 today!! Couple questions...

whyme

Registered
Hey all I have been wanting to get a new busa since mine got wrecked in 06. I started looking a couple weeks ago and a dealer about 20 miles from me still has a brand new 08 blue and gold busa. Today I went and put a little money down to hold the bike for 2 weeks. Weather here in Michigan still isnt great so im in no hurry. I talked with the guy for a little bit and he said we cant agree on a price until im ready to purchase the bike. I was doing a walk around on the bike and noticed a small lima bean size hole in the rear seat. I said something about it and he said we will talk about that when we talk about price. SO the question im getting at is what kind of price OTD can I expect to pay. I said in another post this is going to be a cash sale $100 bills. What is the most I should pay for a 2 year old with a small hole in the seat.

P.S. I could care less about the hole in the seat because I will have the cover on it most of the time.

Hey all I have been wanting to get a new busa since mine got wrecked in 06. I started looking a couple weeks ago and a dealer about 20 miles from me still has a brand new 08 blue and gold busa. Today I went and put a little money down to hold the bike for 2 weeks. Weather here in Michigan still isnt great so im in no hurry. I talked with the guy for a little bit and he said we cant agree on a price until im ready to purchase the bike. I was doing a walk around on the bike and noticed a small lima bean size hole in the rear seat. I said something about it and he said we will talk about that when we talk about price. SO the question im getting at is what kind of price OTD can I expect to pay. I said in another post this is going to be a cash sale $100 bills. What is the most I should pay for a 2 year old with a small hole in the seat.

P.S. I could care less about the hole in the seat because I will have the cover on it most of the time.

I would not give over $10,000 cash OTD for it personally. Make them fix the seat also. I bought my 2009 last July for $10,500 OTD.

i paid 12500 otd in july so im sure u could talk him down to atleast 11600 my cousin got an 08 black and orange that was leftover and paid 13200 it just all depends on the sales manager and how bad they need the sale tell him u can get an 09 cheaper than wat he tells u and shop around make them compete for ur business

Sounds good I was thinking not a penny over 10k. Also found an 09 white which I like better but I figure I could save a couple grand with the 08.

i paid 12500 otd in july so im sure u could talk him down to atleast 11600 my cousin got an 08 black and orange that was leftover and paid 13200 it just all depends on the sales manager and how bad they need the sale tell him u can get an 09 cheaper than wat he tells u and shop around make them compete for ur business

Oops forgot to mention the guy said in 08 they were selling for $11900 so I think I could very easily get it for no more than 10k I may shoot for $9500

when I called around the northwest I found a few dealers with 08's. About $9,900 was about the best price most were offering. of course some wanted more. Then suzuki put a $500 rebate on the busas starting the first of this month. So it should be $500 off the $9,900.
At that time most wanted about $10700-$10800 for a good deal on a 09. This was before the $500 rebate was announced also.
If a dealer told me they wanted money down before he would discuss price I would walk out.

Do you absolutely need one from a Suz dealer? There are alot of awesome deals on slightly used bikes, especially if you have cash. I got my Blue & Gold 08 last Sept for $6600 Cash. Mint condition, and I am picky ... 4400 miles on it.

Sept 2009 024b.JPG

I got my black/gray 08 brand new in February 2009. Paid $9500.

Like you and others have said, I would not pay more then 10k for a new '08. They will be willing to bargain with you to get the bike off the showroom floor.

No more than 10K technically the bike is 3 years old my 09 has a build date of 10/08. Definately give the bike a through lookover and I assume it comes with atleast a 1 year warranty? Let us know if you get her. :beerchug:

You guys have to remeber once Suzuki said no 2010's that made the left overs harder to deal on because the busa is a good seller. if there was 2010's you could get a good deal. and also i would have walked out if he would not give you a price right there and then. i would not buy from that dealer.

Do you absolutely need one from a Suz dealer? There are alot of awesome deals on slightly used bikes, especially if you have cash. I got my Blue & Gold 08 last Sept for $6600 Cash. Mint condition, and I am picky ... 4400 miles on it.

This absolutely makes the best sense and If you do decide to purchase the 08...you should spend no more than 8500-9000K tops ...its a 3 year old bike almost!!! Over a year ago you could get 08's for $10k out the door down here. Last thing you should be doing is giving a dealer cash to hold a bike...and not he not be willing to negotiate on the front end. There are so many GEN2 busas with 3000 or less miles with full exhaust and little add ons that have been very well kept and you can get them for 7-8500K

I don't understand why you put a $100 deposit on a bike setting on the floor. What do you get for your $100?

Is tht a guarantee he holds that bike for you in case someone walks in to buy it?

What's the purpose of giving him any money before you make the purchase?

Sweet deal
thumbup.gif

Back