I Sat on an 08 Today

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
I sat on two new 08 Busas today at RT Cycles in Fort Oglethorpe, GA. and it confirmed what I had concluded from reading about it, i.e. the new Busa is designed for someone bigger and taller and me. The seat was too wide and the handlebar reach seemed very awkward. I am about 5'9" tall. Just my .02. I love my 05 it fits me perfectly. I guess it ever wears out (27,200 miles and hoping for at least that many more) it will be GSXR1000 time for me.

The new Busa seems like an awesome bike, it just doesn't fit me
beerchug.gif

Funny thing about seat height and width...

From 1988 to 2000 Honda produced the GL1500 Goldwing, their flagship touring bike.  Over the twelve years they revamped the seat several times to accomadate different riders over the years.  Some years the seat was better for a shorter thinner guy, some years it was best for someone taller and heavier.

Vasilios

Alternatively.... you could pursue mods to have it fit you better, if you were seriously inclined to have the bike.

It's not your height that matters...it's your inseam.

I am 5'9" and fit perfectly on both my '06 and my '08 busas. Both feet planted firmly on the ground at any stop, in any riding boot.

Don't forget about possibly lowering the beast to better accommodate YOU!

Scar

It's not your height that matters...it's your inseam.

I am 5'9" and fit perfectly on both my '06 and my '08 busas.  Both feet planted firmly on the ground at any stop, in any riding boot.

Don't forget about possibly lowering the beast to better accommodate YOU!

Scar
The height wasn't an issue.  Both feet on the floor in street shoes.  It was the width and shape of the seat that was not comfortable. My legs felt like they were resting on a 2x4.

It's hard to describe, but the bike just didn't feel comfortable.  I can only compare it to when I was looking at a lighter bike for riding the twisty roads in my area...the Hondas, Yamahas, and Kawasakis, just didn't fit.  The GSXRs did.  I got the 750 because I already had a Busa and didn't feel like I needed a 1K and I liked the 750's power band over the 600.

I just hope they change the Busa again before I'm ready for a new one in 2010
smile.gif

I would like to mention that the dealer had installed a Two Brothers exhaust on the Orange/Black and it looked much much better than the blue one that still had the stock pipes from behind
super.gif

Nothing wrong with that! Stick with what makes you comfortable.
ThumbsUp.gif

I am 5'9.5" and the Hayabusa was what I preferred over the ZX-10R and the GSXR-1000.

xxx.jpg

WTF?
rock.gif

My wifes 5 ft 5 and she says the busa is a breeze for her to ride (yes i let her ride it) albeit a bit heavy
smile.gif

Jza

the ergos havent changed to Much..the tank on a 08 is actually skinnier,but the seat to bar reach should be the same..

Im 5'7 and sat on one it didnt feel to different to Me besides the weight of those stupid pipes..

Wouldnt it be worth TRYING one out before deciding? I can sit on a Ducati and it feels fine... but 10 mins in and i cant feel my wrists anymore?

Jza

Back