Is an 08 Busa for me?

irun123arkansas

Registered
I currently own a 2007 gsxr1000 and ride mostly mountain rides in the Ozarks. Owned a 2004 zx12r but sold it because it felt to heafty in the 300mph and below corners. Went and sat on an 08 zx14 and it made the zx12 feel like a gsxr600. Then went and sat on the 08 Busa and it felt like a gsxr 750 compared to the zx14. My question is, Is the busa closer to a gsxr100 or a zx12 in the corners. I don't want to purchase one and have it sit in the garage while I'm out on the 1000 every weekend. I'd like to find a bike I split time with the 1000. The 08 Busa's front end just felt so small compared to the ZX14.

I've been riding on the streets for about 23 years and 8 of them on sport bikes.

Thanks for any and all opinions.

Just by reading your post, yu state the the ZX-14 made the ZX-12 feel like a 600, yet you weren't happy with the 12. Then yu go on to say that the ZX-14 made the Haybusa feel like a 750. The deduction would be, that you would not be happy with the Busa.

And

Since you are in the mountains, you may not want the Busa either. Maybe the new Ducati 898 (or 848 I'm not sure the exact displacement), may be a better choice for a second bike

I just want to ride the 300MPH corners
smile.gif

I just want to ride the 300MPH corners
smile.gif
Not me...I can't stand the 300mph corners.  I tend to gravitate toward the 450-500mph ones.  Then again, with the new '08, I do find my self faster in the twisties, so...  Hm...  I digress.

My observation is that sitting on a bike is not anywhere close to the appropriate way to judge the performance or personal enjoyment-factor of said machine.  You need to wait awhile and make some friends who might trust you enough to try their baby (however gingerly) out for a couple of miles, then make your assessment after you have first-hand experience.

Recommendation:  Listen to what everyone has to say but don't base your decision on their words.

When I was riding my R1, ZX9 and Gixxer 750 I hated straight roads, but now that I have the boo I like straight roads, luckily we have twisties and straights in this area. If you get the boo you may notice your riding style will change. The busa will turn fine but it is so much fun on the highway that I don't just crave the twisties like I did with the othe bikes.  
welcome.gif

I use to be a a Kawboy, it hard to compare Suzuki (light weight)to Kawasaki (horsepower)they both have their + & -'s I will agree you can't tell too much about a motorcycle untill you put you legs over the tank and run it thru some backroads. I too came to the fork in the road, 2008-Busa or 2008-ZX14. I went with the bike that had more to offer and last I check a true sportsbike doesn't come with a banana seat lol. don't get me wrong I owned a ZX9 & ZX12 that I rode and enjoyed.

I currently own a 2007 gsxr1000 and ride mostly mountain rides in the Ozarks. Owned a 2004 zx12r but sold it because it felt to heafty in the 300mph and below corners. Went and sat on an 08 zx14 and it made the zx12 feel like a gsxr600. Then went and sat on the 08 Busa and it felt like a gsxr 750 compared to the zx14. My question is, Is the busa closer to a gsxr100 or a zx12 in the corners. I don't want to purchase one and have it sit in the garage while I'm out on the 1000 every weekend. I'd like to find a bike I split time with the 1000. The 08 Busa's front end just felt so small compared to the ZX14.

I've been riding on the streets for about 23 years and 8 of them on sport bikes.

It sounds like you want another literbike for those 300 mph corners?
winkold.gif
laugh.gif
The busa is a big heavy bike...no matter how well it hides it, its not gonna be a 1000...was never designed to be. If you want a sweet handling sports tourer get a busa. If you want another liter bike, get another liter bike
winkold.gif

winkold.gif

I do mostly backroads, commuting and highway. It seems the Busa is a perfect fit (in my opinion) for that type of riding. Worlds better than my FZ6 (though my FZ is a great all-around bike).

Hey, are you in my neighborhood? I'm in Rogers, if you like to ride the Eureka Springs area there are several of us on Busa's around here who would be happy to ride with you- at least then you would know if the Busa handles the type of riding you like!

It sounds like you want another literbike for those 300 mph corners?  
winkold.gif

laugh.gif
 The busa is a big heavy bike...no matter how well it hides it, its not gonna be a 1000...was never designed to be. If you want a sweet handling sports tourer get a busa. If you want another liter bike, get another liter bike  
winkold.gif
+1

winkold.gif

Hell....... I would love to wrap my legs around a 08!!! Congrats to anybody who is riding/owns one now!!!

I've got my eye on the next gixxer 1k. I loved my busa. Truly! Nothing compares to doing 170mph down a vacated interstate freeway!!!!! (or more mph!!!)

but...... i'm small... and I need a smaller weight bike (even though i could handle the beast.... and did).

Back