I Sat on an 08 Today

Wouldnt it be worth TRYING one out before deciding? I can sit on a Ducati and it feels fine... but 10 mins in and i cant feel my wrists anymore?

Jza
I'm going to keep my 05 for at least 2 more years...I just keep hoping that the Busa will get leaner and lighter
deadhorse.gif

IMG_2579.JPG

Been reading this thread....i know my post "CREDIT" isn't deep but i want to say this...1 isn't the 1k seat height just slightly taller than the busa's? 2 it looks like your 05 busa is lowered both in the front and back and 3 I've never been able to completely make a decision as to whether or not i like a bike by just sitting on one.

I point these things out because i've been getting a lot of crap talk from riders about the 08 busa....and it always seems to come from those who either don't own one or aren't in the position to get one. This isn't directed at you Rayabusa0818 i just don't want you to miss out on a well put together machine!!! I had a 03 and a 05 (the wife owns the 05 now) and man let me tell you....looks are extremely deceiving in this case....when riding the bike feels balanced (not heavy), stronger, faster, man i can go on and on....the new busa has really come a long way and i can't emagine what it's gonna feel like when i take those cast iron weights of this Tuesday (according to my dealership my full R-77 is gonna be here
drools.gif
).

Don't miss out man!

Been reading this thread....i know my post "CREDIT" isn't deep but i want to say this...1 isn't the 1k seat height just slightly taller than the busa's?  2 it looks like your 05 busa is lowered both in the front and back and 3 I've never been able to completely make a decision as to whether or not i like a bike by just sitting on one.

I point these things out because i've been getting a lot of crap talk from riders about the 08 busa....and it always seems to come from those who either don't own one or aren't in the position to get one.  This isn't directed at you Rayabusa0818 i just don't want you to miss out on a well put together machine!!!  I had a 03 and a 05 (the wife owns the 05 now) and man let me tell you....looks are extremely deceiving in this case....when riding the bike feels balanced (not heavy), stronger, faster, man i can go on and on....the new busa has really come a long way and i can't emagine what it's gonna feel like when i take those cast iron weights of this Tuesday (according to my dealership my full R-77 is gonna be here
drools.gif
).

Don't miss out man!
My 05 is completely stock hieght...I'm not saying it's not a wonderful bike...I'm just saying that it didn't pass my first test...If I sit on a bike and it doesn't feel good I assume it's not going to feel good a hundred miles down the road.

Also,  I remember the feeling when I first sat on my 05...everything was just right and still is today
winkold.gif

I'm 6'6", 200#, and the busa fits me great. Very comfortable. However, everyone is different, and it's good you try out the seat & reach before you buy. My son is 6'0" even and finds his ZX-14 more comforatble for him. Each to his own!

I saw three of them at the local stealer. Of the three the Orange/Black really stood out. I sat on it and it felt pretty comfortable. I have to say The Orange/Black is calling me like the dark side of the force. Maybe in a couple years when the aftermaket really takes off I'll pick one up that has been modded nicely. But the stealer was talking $13500 OTD
argue.gif

WTF?
rock.gif

My wifes 5 ft 5 and she says the busa is a breeze for her to ride (yes i let her ride it) albeit a bit heavy
smile.gif

Jza
All i am saying is that to me the 08 feels heavy and awkward compared to my 05...
Unfortunately due to ever stricter emmissions laws the bikes are starting to get heavier. The 08 is 20+ lbs heavier than the first gen in all the wrong places...mainly the exhaust, and most of thats those bazooka tube cans up high in the back. I'm sure losing those would help the overall feel of the bike alot
winkold.gif
Considering the new emmissions hoops suzuki had to jump through tho...I think they did a damn fine job
laugh.gif

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself that you don't like the 08's, when in all reality, you're drooling over it.
drools.gif
drools.gif
please.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif

drools.gif

woot.gif

Im sorry but i dont care what anybody says,the 08 is a superior machine in everyway. And to the original thread starter there's no way in hell that you can judge the bike by simply sitting on it for a few minutes
rock.gif

Im sorry but i dont care what anybody says,the 08 is a superior machine in everyway. And to the original thread starter there's no way in hell that you can judge the bike by simply sitting on it for a few minutes  
rock.gif
I've been riding for 44 years and have never bought a bike that wasn't comfortable to sit on...

I sat on two new 08 Busas today at RT Cycles in Fort Oglethorpe, GA. and it confirmed what I had concluded from reading about it, i.e. the new Busa is designed for someone bigger and taller and me.  The seat was too wide and the handlebar reach seemed very awkward.  I am about 5'9" tall.  Just my .02.  I love my 05 it fits me perfectly. I guess it ever wears out (27,200 miles and hoping for at least that many more) it will be GSXR1000 time for me.

The new Busa seems like an awesome bike, it just doesn't fit me
beerchug.gif
Did you sit on the gixxer?

I have a ZX-10 and the new Busa. Both great bikes, but after getting off the liter bike, the Busa feels like a recliner...

To each his own, but I've never heard of anyone going to a liter bike for more comfort.

I sat on two new 08 Busas today at RT Cycles in Fort Oglethorpe, GA. and it confirmed what I had concluded from reading about it, i.e. the new Busa is designed for someone bigger and taller and me.  The seat was too wide and the handlebar reach seemed very awkward.  I am about 5'9" tall.  Just my .02.  I love my 05 it fits me perfectly. I guess it ever wears out (27,200 miles and hoping for at least that many more) it will be GSXR1000 time for me.

The new Busa seems like an awesome bike, it just doesn't fit me
beerchug.gif
Did you sit on the gixxer?

I have a ZX-10 and the new Busa. Both great bikes, but after getting off the liter bike, the Busa feels like a recliner...

To each his own, but I've never heard of anyone going to a liter bike for more comfort.
They didn't have an 08 in the store, but I have an 07 GSXR750 that I love...

Don_on_the_Dragon_2.JPG

I'm a smidge under 5'9" (5'8.something'") with a 32in inseam. The 08 Busa feels heavy to waddle around, but soooo good when I'm riding it. The seat feels just fine with me feet on the pegs. The gell seat is supposed to be more comfy. The riding position feels similar to the 08 GSXR1K. The reach for the bars is slightly longer, but the position feels very close.

Don't write it off until you've had one out for a ride.
beerchug.gif
Heck, I'd be out riding mine right now if I wasn't still recovering from pneumonia. Oh, and the weather here isn't very good.
banghead.gif

rock.gif
I've been riding for 44 years and have never bought a bike that wasn't comfortable to sit on...
I agree...you can tell ALOT by sitting on a bike for a few minutes. Riding position is riding position
winkold.gif
At speed, wind blast helps take some strain off your wrists...but the basic seating position and how you fit it doesn't change.

rock.gif
I agree...you can tell ALOT by sitting on a bike for a few minutes. Riding position is riding position  
winkold.gif
 At speed, wind blast helps take some strain off your wrists...but the basic seating position and how you fit it doesn't change.
well i don't agree. i just sold a 07 zx-10R that was uncomfortable to ride for any long distance, but it felt comfortable in the garage and on the show room before i bought it. sitting on a bike gives you an idea but its not the whole picture as i found out. iv been riding for 20 yrs.

two 03 and a06 now the 08 and can't see a difference in seating positions.handling for sure there is a dif.the 08 rocks.

Back