Seriously considering an 08 Busa

go to the dealer , fill out the paper work with the salesman dont even ask the price ! when he finaly asks you to sighn look at the price and say i only have this much or i cant buy it , make sure he has a cell number , and leave give him 2 days he will call , and tell you he has the bike for that price , the paperwork is already done , all you have to do is sighn . he would be stupid not to . brings his numbers up for the year
beerchug.gif

You can get some very good deals buying used and you can get some very bad ones. If the difference is only a few hundred dollars I'd buy new every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

The gentlemen selling his 08 Busa let me take her for a spin yesterday. It was amazing. Like I said, I ride an FZ6 and having now ridden a Busa I am determined to pick one of these monsters up. The smoothness, in comparison, makes my FZ feel like a hemroidal flare being dragged down a dirt road. I couldn't believe how smooth it was. Though, according to the owner all 3 Busa's he's owned have been just as smooth, even his 99 (or was it 98--whatever, the first Busa). After seeing one in person, and riding it, my biggest gripe is the pipes. They are not that great looking due to the size but hell, there's probably a considerable amount of downforce being applied on higher-speed rides due to the volume of surface. Damn thing rode so smooth I would almost be hesitant to run any cans other than stock.

The guy obviously knows what he's doing and there is no doubt in my mind that he has treated her well and broke her in properly. He owns 6 bikes right now one of which is a ZX14 modded out the anus which he claims was clocked at 202 MPH. He's probably my father's age (around 60) and this year he rode his BMW touring bike from here in GA down to FL and then all the way to San Diego (only stopping for fuel). He says he has not driven a car in 6 years, only his bikes. He was truly an interesting guy and super nice. I love meeting people like that
smile.gif

Anyways, I was going to make a comment on the brakes (a neutral one) but perhaps another time
ThumbsUp.gif

New or used, I am getting one of these bad mothers.

Well, I worked with a local dealer and got it down to what I felt like was a good price. $11,500 OTD (that's EVERYTHING). So, I decided to go new. I'm picking it up early next week. I have to hurry up and decide do I want the Charcoal/Black or Orange/Black. Man, I am excited! Just wanted to say thanks for the help.
thumb_up.gif

Congrats on the new ride man. You'll love it, especially in GA where you have good riding weather for the most part, year around.

I just bought a new black/gray one a couple weeks ago and took it out on New Year's day for a little break in. Great ride, although some don't like the looks, I think it's cool as hell and with all the updates from the old busa, it should be a much better performer. I have an M4 full exhaust on the way and hope to have those big heavy pipes off in another week or two?

Where do you live in Georgia? Although I live in Washington State, I was born and raised in Carrollton. Are you anywhere close?

Back