New 08 or almost new 07??

sideswipe

Registered
OK, I'm in the market for a Busa and I need to make a choice ASAP and I need your help. I can get an almost new 07 <span style='color:red'>RED</span> with 250 miles on it for 8k or get a new 08  for like 11k (OTD). Which would you get and why?? HELP!!

--Future Busa owner one way or the other

The 07 one is pictured below

4297_3.JPG

Grab that 07 for that price ASAP! Or I will
SHOCKED.gif

Buy the 07 , after the new 08 is out for a while you can decide if you like it more or not , plus you need to give it time to work out any bugs of the new model ,2008 and up .

Get the 08 cause in less than a year or so you'll be glad you did.....
Plus, the difference in re-sale will be better on the 08!

2007----$8000
Resale in the next year or so
loss of up to $2k (Average)

2008----$11,000
Resale in the next year or so
loss of up to$2k (Average)

Difference in payment
Approx 25% depending on a host of factors...

So for less than the cost of Cable TV you could be sporting the latest greatest. Not to mention poser points
smile.gif

I'm #3 on my local shops waiting list for 08 Busa, depending on where you are and what demand is on the 08, it could be a long wait.

BAH!!!!...go for the instant gratification...it's not like your going to regret it either way.

Just my 2 cents...YMMV.

go for the 07 its a pretty bike and it has pipes on it already those are $$ plus its a good deal with super low miles just barely broken in
beerchug.gif

(sideswipe @ Aug. 27 2007,13:31) The guy says he doesnt have the title in hand....
rant.gif
Still gonna be faster than your other option...small pain...huge gain.

For that price i'd definitely have to go with the '07.  And like qwknuf said, I prefer to let others guinea pig the new ride before I commit my hard earned dollars.  I bought a '07 2 months ago and thought about waiting but i'm glad I didn't.  I love it.

It's the right color too!

for that price,get the 07 and dump about 4g's into it to get it customized to your tasted..i got an 02LE Black and chrome,turns heads wherever i go,people actually stop next to me to comment

I say get the 07
when you realise how stupid fast it is you'll thank us
if you feel you need more upgrade in a year or 2

(sideswipe @ Aug. 28 2007,21:02) dammit this is hard!!
Get the 08...you know you want it. Moneys only temporary, if you decide to keep the bike for a good while you won't feel the need to upgrade....which you will with the 07. There is going to be a substantial diff in acceleration, and even if you think an 07 will be enough for you now, when the new one comes out your going to want it. Sure you can mod a first gen to be just as fast....but the same mods will make the new one faster yet. Maybe even more so depending on how bad the new emissions bog down the 08. I've always figured get what you want the first time, you only live once, enjoy it
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Hold off for the 08. You can get a better deal than 11 otd in the off season.

You will be kicking yourself for not buying the 08 when you start seeing them later. Why would you kick yourself for buying a newer bike? The engine is basically the same as the proven years before.

Back