need input on alienhead install/pc questions

might call them tomorrow just for the heck of it. About how long total u think it would take to install exhaust, pc, and bmc filter? If it's only about 2 hr or so for the install maybe it would be worth it. If they do work on saturday's i will definitely consider it. Seems like i can never get off work when i want to haha

A professional can probably do it in that time or less but one reason I would be going to a place like Schnitz would be to have then make me a custom map on their dyno.
Is that not your goal ?
To put all that on and use a generic map kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it ?

true, if i do go with the brocks alienhead, pc, and filter, i would love to get a custom tune for it so the beast would be running at it's best. I have read brocks maps are pretty good with the pc's though, and perform well. Doesn't have to be perfect as i am no racer by any means, just want a better exhaust with a little added power. As said in previous post, gonna give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. If they could do the install on a saturday i would be willing to do it next weekend if they had all the parts in stock:laugh::laugh: Starting to get a little impatient and want it know!!!!!!!

Brock makes a very good base map for the AH.

While you are changing it out, be sure to spend the extra $28 for new header gaskets...if you end up installing yourself~!~

Yeah, old ones can be used and probably work fine...but when you hear that little click click click coming out of one you'll wonder why you didn't change them out while you were in there

+1 I've been forced to grown fond of my little extra click click click noise as I have not had the time to pull my stuff all apart again

If you can take off the plastic, you can put the pipe on, hook up the pc, and put in an air filter. Save the money, do it yourself. It's really a straightforward job, and there's plenty of pictures, video, and folks on here to help if you run into a snag.
Just ask Blanca again, I think Brock's has him on commision anyway:laugh:

Back