dyno/tuner near columbus, ohio?

hemi

Registered
been thinkin for a while now about getting a custom dyno/tune after installing my brocks streetmeg w/pcv. Live in columbus, ohio and curious if there's any tuners in my area, maybe within 2-3 hour ride. I know brocks has a shop in dayton, ohio but not sure if they do dyno tune's or not, when i bought the exhaust i asked them if they installed them and they said they do not. With the riding season comin up, thinkin about takin a few days off work soon so i can ride, if i can find a tuner i will make good use out of one of those days:laugh:

ok, thanks for the help guys. By the way, how much does a dyno tune normally cost, around $200-$300, any of these places do dyno tunes on weekends that u know of? What are the major benefits of having a custom tune done, i obviously know the bike will make the most power out of my setup, but will it run/idle much smooter. Will there be a very noticeable power increase with a custom tune. As soon as the weather breaks this is 1st on my to do list

ok, thanks for the help guys. By the way, how much does a dyno tune normally cost, around $200-$300, any of these places do dyno tunes on weekends that u know of? What are the major benefits of having a custom tune done, i obviously know the bike will make the most power out of my setup, but will it run/idle much smooter. Will there be a very noticeable power increase with a custom tune. As soon as the weather breaks this is 1st on my to do list

We are both talking about the sameplace. And he does work on the weekends. Not sure on his price right now. Give him a call. He's a real nice guy and a workohaulic.

CANNED tune: Like buying a suit off the rack (one size fits MOST)
CUSTOM: Like having a suit tailored just for you (altitude, humidity, riding style, "goals," etc.)

Are you happy with how your bike is running now? My guess is Brock's map for your bike and its mods are pretty darn good.

Schnitz Racing isn't to far from you. I'm heading out there in 2 weeks to have mine tuned....

Kromdom, yes i am happy with the way the bike runs now. From everything i have read on the forums though, everyone says getting a custom tune is definitely the way to go. Might give schnitz a call too, looked them up before, think it would be about a 2.5-3 hour ride for me

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Unless you plan on racing the bike it is pointless to get a custom tune off of brocks maps. I only picked up about 3 hp when I did mine. I race it so to me it was feasible. If you don't race it I wouldn't worry about it and put the money towards other mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fiend, was just thinkin about leanin that route anyway. Bike runs great and i don't race, nor plan to. From what i have seen dyno/custom tunes are anywhere from $200-$300, would it really be worth it? Pretty much just use the bike for cruisin around the country roads, with the normal speed runs of course. Only problem though, can't think of any other mods to do with the $$ i'll be saving from not getting the tune lol

Thanks fiend, was just thinkin about leanin that route anyway. Bike runs great and i don't race, nor plan to. From what i have seen dyno/custom tunes are anywhere from $200-$300, would it really be worth it? Pretty much just use the bike for cruisin around the country roads, with the normal speed runs of course. Only problem though, can't think of any other mods to do with the $$ i'll be saving from not getting the tune lol

What mods do you have currently?

Schnitz is $250 for a custom tune. I plan on posting the results from the 3 bikes that we're taking out there

Mods are brocks full system streetmeg, pcv w/brocks map installed, and bmc street filter

Mods are brocks full system streetmeg, pcv w/brocks map installed, and bmc street filter

So you've put some time and money into the bike if you went brocks full system, PCV and a filter. I guess IMO, I would want my bike to run to it's full potential if I put that kind of money into it. I mean, what's another few hundred bucks to make sure the bike is spot on with the tune?

I guess u have a good point, have spent approximately $1600 for all the performance mods, and also my precious time installing them. Still thinkin about it, might call a few of these performance shops this week and talk to them about it

Back