need input on alienhead install/pc questions

hemi

Registered
getting closer to ordering my full system alienhead with pc but wanted to ask a few questions so i know what i'm getting myself into. 1-Is the exhaust very difficult to install, don't have any local shops around that i trust doing the install, i have no problems taking the plastics off, is that about the hardest part. 2-Of course i will need a pc, should i just get the pc3 with brocks tune, what about the pcv i see people using, shows on powercommander website the pcv is for 09-10 models but does it matter. Also, should i go with an aftermarket filter if i decide to make the purchase. Sorry for all the questions, just want to be prepared when i order it so all goes smoothly. Found a brocks performance shop in dayton, ohio that is about an hour from me, plan on getting her tuned shortly after if i finally order it

What yr is your bike...if you havent already told me ?

If its an 08 get the PcV it will work fine. Much smaller and has some newer features on it.
The Brocks header isnt any harder to install than any other. When they put mine on they took off the plastics. Only loosened the radiator and oil cooler swinging it out a bit. The lower bracket will have to come off..part #5 in oil cooler pic below and part #6 in radiator pic is only thing they took off. Once these are off you can loosen the rad and cooler and move them forward a bit to enable you to get header up in there. Get new exhaust gaskets just to be mentally happy.
The shop here used allen head sockets bits that are rounded so you can turn at an angle without having to have it straght in there for the header bolts. If your getting Full exhaust and PcV you may as well get a filter for it. Again I had mine done at a shop that does this all day every day and they made it look easy. Put header on in less than 30 mins. Me, I would have taken 6hrs to do it and wound up screwing something up so I dont know how exp you are with these things.

Lastly if your uncertain as to how to do it Brocks can and will ship to the shop your going to . Why not let them install it for you ?
They then can box up all you stock stuff in boxes the new stuff came in and UPS it back to you.
I lack tools and luck when it comes to working on my own bike with things like this so thats what I did...:beerchug:

Have you called EJ at Brocks yet ? :thumbsup:

radiator pic.jpg

oil cooler.jpg

Last edited:
didn't know brocks would do that, might think about going that route, but i would also have to get a day off work and see how busy their schedule is. I'm normally pretty good figuring out mechanical stuff, have installed headers/exhausts on a few of my trucks with no problems. Only thing that scares me is moving the oil cooler lines and radiator. Last thing i want to do is get it all installed and plastics back on, to find out i have a leak from one of the oil cooler lines or somethin

Both rad and oil cooler lines are rubber and flexible so if your careful you can move them forward without worry.
Like I said call EJ and tell him I referred you he will take care of you.
The shipping to your house or shop is same price.
Only added expense is having shop do install and UPS shipping for you old stuff.
It was worth it to me.

Also if you have not taken plastics off many times see this thread...

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...-hayabusa-fairing-tutorial-videos-w-pics.html

:thumbsup:

plastics are pretty easy removing now, done it a few times (just the right side though). But not too scared about the plastics. Just worried about tearing the bike apart that much. Might give the brocks performance shop in dayton, ohio a call tomorrow and see how much they charge to do it and how busy their schedule normally is

what about any type of exhaust/manifold gaskets, do u i need to get some before the install. My parts list (when i decide to bite the bullet) consists of: brocks alienhead full system-black thermal coated, pc3, k&n filter. Sound good?

What year is your bike hemi ?
Again if it's an 08 or newer get the PCV .
It is half the size of Pc3 and a newer model .
The gaskets you should get are the header gaskets that go into engine.
you will need four . Just to be safe you should invest in some of these .
Four should cost around 30-40 bucks at the dealer . Get factory Suzuki ones .
Some reuse the stock ones but it's alot of time and money involved to get it all back together and hear an exhaust leak .

Brocks headquarters is in Dayton .
Is this the one your talking about going to ?
If so there is no better place to get things done .

Last edited:
08 busa, not sure about which brocks it is, just did a search in google for tuner in columbus, ohio and noticed there was a brocks performance shop in dayton, ohio

i guess their hq is in dayton, ohio. It's about 1hr 20min from me. Maybe my best bet will be have them install it w/pc and tune it all at the same time. Blanca, how long did it take the shop to install yours, and do u know how much they charged for the install?

i guess their hq is in dayton, ohio. It's about 1hr 20min from me. Maybe my best bet will be have them install it w/pc and tune it all at the same time. Blanca, how long did it take the shop to install yours, and do u know how much they charged for the install?

Yep that is them... :thumbsup:

If you aren't comfy doing it, I would have them put it on. You can't argue having the master and his shop doing the install... :beerchug:

If you have any problems, they will take care of you 110%... :thumbsup:

Yep that is them... :thumbsup:

If you aren't comfy doing it, I would have them put it on. You can't argue having the master and his shop doing the install... :beerchug:

If you have any problems, they will take care of you 110%... :thumbsup:

I hope so. I will let you know if they respond to my concern on my newly shipped system.

On the header I wanna say it was around $100 bucks and they installed the PCV in that price as well.
Basically shop i go to charged me hourly rate on the install but only took around 30-45 mins to do header and another 30 or so to wire up PcV.
Get the PCV and yes no better place than the seller themselves to do it.
Depending on how busy they are you may also be able to get it al done at Schnitz racing(Decatur, Indiana) which is close to them or maybe closer to you.
Brock and Ryan Schnitz seem to have a great relationship as most emails I get from either mention the other.

actually i called the brocks performance shop in dayton, ohio and he said they don't install the systems at all, WHAT THE HECK!!!

Brock makes a very good base map for the AH.

While you are changing it out, be sure to spend the extra $28 for new header gaskets...if you end up installing yourself~!~

Yeah, old ones can be used and probably work fine...but when you hear that little click click click coming out of one you'll wonder why you didn't change them out while you were in there

Never . Nice ride over . Go eat lunch . Come back and enjoy your new bike on the ride home ?
According to my 'busatime' app I have on my iPhone it says you should be able to make it in 2 hours :)

Back