Alienhead on the way!

KS9495

Registered
I have a Brock's Alienhead full system on the way with a Brock's mapped PCV for my 08. I currently have a BMC Race filter & X-Tre. Is there anything else I need to complete the installation?:bowdown:

Nope you should be good to go. just remember to get it tuned! my bike ran way better with no PC than with the PC with the brock's map

Hope the install goes as smooth for you as it did for my Dual CT system, 2-3 hrs i think.

I have almost same setup on my bike except I have K&N instead of BMC.
Only thing I can think of you may need is TIME TO ENJOY IT :laugh:

Black AH.clean 006.JPG

:tre::whistle: Should be a piece of cake. Get some mechanic gloves and carb cleaner for the install to hepl keep off and remove fingerprints prior to starting after the install. I'm thinking of going to the auto-tune on mine.

if you are getting a pcv from brock it will come loaded with a street/track map and no tuning is going to be needed. that map is the tune. you won't be able to do better than that

if you are getting a pcv from brock it will come loaded with a street/track map and no tuning is going to be needed. that map is the tune. you won't be able to do better than that

-Untrue

the map that comes from Brock is a generic map made for the bike that was there on the dyno that day with that elevation, humidity,ect.

The map should be good but a dyno using your bike and your location will see better results.

a stock bike with a pcv will benefit from a real dyno tune

I'll have to disagree with you as well .
I have a custom map made by very reputable folks and Brock himself emailed me four or five maps . Two of which were drag maps but all were done on a diff bike in a diff place at a diff elevation .
Were they good maps ? Sure absolutely but not as strong or custom tailored for my bike.
The Brocks map is a good start and you will have no probs with it but nothing beats a map made specific for your bike .
When you get your PC V it should come with CD that will allow you to put in Dynojet program on your computer.
If it does let me know and I can email you my custom map for you to try if you like ?
Is there a shop there that can Dyno your bike and make a map for it there ?
I'm at sea level on coast of Florida .
Where in Brunei are you and at what elevation ?

I'll have to disagree with you as well .
I have a custom map made by very reputable folks and Brock himself emailed me four or five maps . Two of which were drag maps but all were done on a diff bike in a diff place at a diff elevation .
Were they good maps ? Sure absolutely but not as strong or custom tailored for my bike.
The Brocks map is a good start and you will have no probs with it but nothing beats a map made specific for your bike .
When you get your PC V it should come with CD that will allow you to put in Dynojet program on your computer.
If it does let me know and I can email you my custom map for you to try if you like ?
Is there a shop there that can Dyno your bike and make a map for it there ?
I'm at sea level on coast of Florida .
Where in Brunei are you and at what elevation ?

Brunei is at sea level near the equator
Elevation maybe similar but am not sure about humidity & temperature
The only tuner is just sorting out the paper work to open shop as we speak
That however may take a month or 2 to clear
So I am expecting a custom map before August if all goes well

Get it tuned, get it tuned, and oh yeah get it tuned. I cannot stress enough no 2 bikes are the same. preload and download from manufacture maps are junk period. Other than that you will enjoy the Brocks they sound great in person :thumbsup:

You will love the AH for real I love the sound and power. But now you guys got me wanting a custom tune on K9 for the simple fact that my gas mileage did get worst. Once a upon time I use to ride a week back and forth to work with maybe some riding in the evening time. Now I might get about 3 to 4 days if that. Then on top of that the closest tuner to me I think is at least 2 hours away.

I have almost same setup on my bike except I have K&N instead of BMC.
Only thing I can think of you may need is TIME TO ENJOY IT :laugh:

am in the works of getting the same set up:please: as yours with a touch of red on the logo. do your neighbours hate you from the loudness? i might get a silencer if its too loud.

I went from a yoshi r-77 to brocks alienhead, the brocks is loud when you twist the throttle, but at idle wont piss the neighbors off. i wouldn't waste the money on a silencer. I start it up in the carport and it rattles the glass in the door a good bit, but then thats like 6 feet away. I've messed with mine at 3am plenty of times starting it up and shutting it off, neighbors never complained.. unless they are just very deep sleepers...:poke:

I'm actually thinking about removing the baffle, and replacing the 2 rivets that hold it in with some bolts so i can remove it when i want.

Last edited:
am in the works of getting the same set up:please: as yours with a touch of red on the logo. do your neighbours hate you from the loudness? i might get a silencer if its too loud.

No, like other poster said. Its fairly quiet at idle and at low rpms.

Back