BMC race filter, ok for street use?

hemi

Registered
prepping to order my alienhead full system w/pcv for the 08 busa. Gonna order directly through brocks so i can receive everything at the same time, and have the pcv loaded with the map and ready to go. The only filters i see they have are the bmc race filters. I have read bmc is a very good filter, but the "race" version is more for track conditions and not everyday street use. Will the race filter allow more dirt through and cause any issues down the road? Would i be better off with the normal bmc filter or k&n? Also, anybody know if the alienhead re-uses the header gaskets, if so i'm gonna order a set so i can have them ready

so all i need to order is the pipe, filter, and pcv with pre-installed map. Was gonna get xtra header gaskets, but if the alienhead doesn't use them obviously i don't need them.

so all i need to order is the pipe, filter, and pcv with pre-installed map. Was gonna get xtra header gaskets, but if the alienhead doesn't use them obviously i don't need them.

when i installed my alienhead i had to buy new header gaskets or the bolts that hold the headers on would bottom out before the header was tight. Reason i had to get new ones was because the yosh headers that i had on at the time you had to remove the gaskets for the headers to fit and i threw them away. I don't know how they could be installed properly without them...maybe i just received the wrong header bolts??? I also have the bmc race filter and it works fine.

Last edited:
Have not heard of people having trouble from inadequate filtration of a BMC race filter. I don't feel it's worth the risk since the hp gain is only about 2 at best. The tune is barely impacted by running a race filter instead of stock. From what I hear, BMC flows the best. I'd keep the stocker and pop the BMC in there only if you are racing. I don't think you will notice much dif on the street.

Also, I would not be comfortable running a high flow oil filter under any circumstances. The harder you run, the more you need a good oil filter.

Back