Nail in my tire...

Sorry to hear about your tire. I think it was Narcissus that I sent a tire to that had a nail in it so he could patch it and use. I hope it works out for ya. Good luck and let us know how it comes out.

Oh, it'll be alright...it's not like my arm fell off or something!
tounge.gif
I'm kidding...I feel the love, really...
smile.gif

I was just concerned about riding with the nail, but hey, a gal's gotta get home...so, I'll let you guys know that I made it, and plan on buying TIRE #1 for the Busa...

...I'm more ticked about the "take it slow" thing really...I mean, have you guys been slow on the Busa? It sucks!
laugh.gif
Yes...Everyday I ride home from work
mad.gif

Don't these people know I'm on a Busa, and it's not personal, but they will be passed eventually.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hubby has no truck to or trailer to hitch it to? No neighbors or good friends that would be willing to put the bike up on a truck?

I know this is late, but it is an idea for future misadventures....

Michelle,

Use this. I went out of town this weekend. Before I left, I had a nail in the rear tire. No way to get a tire or any other way home. My friend had this tire plugger. I just plugged my tire, then did over 350 miles at speeds of 80+ most of the way home. No problems.

www.stopngo.com The Tire Plugger.

Of course you are going to need some air after any plug repair. One of these kits comes with CO2

HTH...

Afternoon all...

Good news and great news on my tire...
biggrin.gif

'Tis just a flesh wound, and the tire's okay...it was a nail, but it lodged itself in the meatiest part of my tire (the one that I don't use because there aren't many twisties around here), AND it ended up going in more sideways than anything, so we pulled it out, checked for leaks...rode in again today!

Great news is that I can still brag about having 7000 miles on the stock rear!
laugh.gif

That's right...I'm taking my chances and bragging again...
blush.gif

That is good news! You might want to hedge your bet and get a spare in case!
biggrin.gif

That's good news ... very good news ... if it's really not leaking then you're still good to go. Might as well go ahead and order a new one though as it will be time after the miles of the Oct 9th ride.

You need the following:

+ +

...at:
http://www.bestrestproducts.com

...the whole lot will fit under the seat, but I have a tail bag so that's where they go. I've plugged two rears in the last two months with this set. The flow-thru gauge is nice because you don't have to swap it with the pump when inflating.

Michelle, I'm glad it worked out for you. I just replaced my rear tire because of a nail and I had less then 2500 miles on it.
mad.gif

There is a space used to mount the California evaporative cannister. Did this Mod that replaced the cannister with a Mini air compressor. Haven't had the opportunity to use it. But it'll kill a battery filling the tire, so engine should be running.
Have this compressor and a tubless tire repair kit. Can pop holes all day and keep rolling
biggrin.gif
But it's only a temporary fix.
Mini pump picture can see some platics where cut to fit the Busa. Seen this pump on sale on Ebay.
1307f12vminiaircompressor.jpe

The compressor and California cannister is same diameter. Used the mounting bracket that was on the Busa.

busaairpump.jpg

Michelle, Glad it worked out good for you, but you know you have now jinxed yourself. Might as well go get a new tire and wait for the inevitable.
laugh.gif

Back