My experience with buying Carrozzeria Rim's and a on site vender.

I think it sucks how this all went down for you, Tim.

CZ's policies are pretty harsh. Honestly, if I had read them before I bought my wheels from them a couple of years ago, I probably wouldn't have gone through with it. They seem to have more interest in protecting themselves from customers than they do in taking care of us and providing positive experiences. That is unfortunate.

What is fortunate for us is that we have several different manufacturers to choose from when it comes to aftermarket sportbike wheels. I'm looking forward to where you decide to go next. :thumbsup:

Wow just read the rest of the thread updates. I take back all I said - lets mob them. That's pretty low rent to call Tim and claim he is posting wrong info. If they think patching Tim's rims is ok for a new product I wonder how many of their "new" product has patched nicks in it? Sounds like these guys are someone to avoid.

Blanca, you still suck :laugh:

Well it seems my email or emails from others have rattled the cage of Cz as Tim got a call from them today? Im posting this because I'm calmer than he is right now. Apparently the VMAIL left said there were some misrepresentations in this thread?

So let's look at facts as we have them.

Tim orders a NEW set of wheels thru McCoy Motorsports and pays retail price for NEW wheels.
Customer recieved wheels damaged and in wrong color?
Hmmm ok? Let's give them a chance to rectify it as stuff happens.
Series of calls and emails transpire. First response from Cz to vendor back to customer say 'color seems fine' but send the wheels back for inspection of damage. No initial apology at all from Cz only vendor McCoy Motorsports. More emails back and forth with email chain ending in Patrick from Cz telling McCoy Motorsports Tim bought wheels from them and we really don't want to talk to him anymore?
Ok? Fine. Tim still being willing to give Cz the opp to rectify sends wheels back and is still trying to get an answer as to whether he will recieve another NEW set of wheels or what? No answer just a simple response from Cz saying wheels were fixed and at the anodizer being redone and will be sent back ASAP.
Huh????
Thru process McCoy Motorsports has done all they can to satisfy Tim for Cz's lack of concern.
McCoy Motorsports even offered Tim in house credit out of their own pocket again trying to make up for Cz's lack of care for customer.
One last time still trying to be patient Tim says let's see what Cz can do per McCoys request for him to give one last opp to Cz for satisfaction.
No response, no apology, no direct contact from Cz just an email with tracking number?
Tracking number for refurbished wheels? Cz still expecting customer to accept factory seconds for full price he paid? BullS**t.
Customer finally throws up hands and towel and says enough just give me money back and I'll move on.
Now apparently the flames of bad word of mouth advertising and a falling public image customer gets a phone call from Cz rep Patrick?
Huh?
So after six weeks and basically telling customer to go pound sand with zero offers of real concern or help they call? BullS**t!
It can only mean now they wanna try to make amends. Maybe this thread, the other I started elsewhere and others others have started have caught the attn of someone who actually cares? But you know what it's too late.
35,000 members here have watched you Cz drop the ball ridiculously.
You extended zero effort initially in trying to make things right.

Instead of 'oh my we are so sorry. Please send them back and we will expedite shipment of a new different set immediately!' it was 'color looks right, small nicks the tire will cover, please don't contact us anymore call McCoy.'

$1600 retail I figure your/Cz cost is around $1000.
This would be the cheapest advertising investment you ever made that will reach such a vast worldwide audience. 35,000 members I'll remind you.
Send Tim a new set of wheels, one which better be so nice the virgin Mary would be proud to roll on FOR FREE within seven days of this post or I and others will continue to tell this tale. I'm sure as you already have read its costing you business now and will continue to do so long into the future. Final opportunity to save your public face.

And lastly since we know now you/Cz are reading this it is a free forum. If I or Tim have misrepresented anything please join and post up. Tell us your side of the story. Please explain to us how Tim should really be happy with what you have done for him.
So CZ, what do you think now about the way you handled this situation? You prolly didn't give a rats azz till you realized the money it might cost you :laugh: Good for you, I'm sure its going to cost you plenty and I'll enjoy seeing every dollar you lose.
Too bad you weren't able to think of the customer a little bit, and also think of the results of your actions on your reputation BEFORE you made them. But I'm sure you couldn't have cared less about Tim until this nasty bit of bad publicity.

Don't worry CZ, the internet is an amazing place, its kind of like the black plague during the dark ages........things spread on it like a rampant disease, and thanks to search engines they never truly go away :google:

Thanks for sharing.I wouldn't even dare think to own their wheels or any of their products,since it had been tested and proven, that their after sales customer support sux to the max.Considering that substantial amount of money for the wheels.

When I upgrade to custom wheels, I would consider OZ or PM instead of CZ now. I would not have been as patient as Tim has been, and support his decision to cancel the order altogether.

Dam shame to get treated like that for that amount of money! It seems companies don't care about the people paying there checks.

Sent from my busa!

Sorry for your troubles Earlybird, but two good things came out of this thread.

1. I'm in the market for new hoops for my busa and thanks to this thread Carawhatsits are no longer on my list.
2. I saw the pix of OZs and dribbled, again, thanks to this thread.

The Moral to this thread? ... news travels fast, especially bad news, especially over the internet.

Carrozzeria Carrozzeria Carrozzeria

These rims will never make it on any one of my machines. Obviously horrible customer service, content to ship damaged goods, and ball less obviously since they wont comment on their horrible customer service.

When I'm in the market to buy wheels I'm going to go with the OZs. The way companies conduct themselves these days is unreal sometimes.

These rims will never make it on any one of my machines. Obviously horrible customer service, content to ship damaged goods, and ball less obviously since they wont comment on their horrible customer service.

Yeah, what he said... and a few extra Carrozzeria Carrozzeria Carrozzeria for good measure.

Carrozzeria products will never be on any of my vehicles. Such a shame because I was jealous of Tim and going to purchase a set myself.

Back