I know, I know Hayabusa's can't turn!!

isiahstites

Registered
Followed my friend Nick today on the mountain to watch his lines. I am on an 05' busa set up for carving and he is on a carbon busa with magnesium wheels, 1397 kit and full ohlins, you would be hard pressed to find a faster guy in the canyons than Nick.

Well old habits are hard to break and after following an accomplished rider like Nick on the mountain I got to see first hand where I was, where he was and where I should be, it helped quite a bit.

Thanks Nick!

Here is today's video, I wished the camera would of been mounted a tad higher as it misses Nicks lines and cornering ability. The pace was fast and felt good, but the video is good enough to give you the idea.

- NS/SS041711PM[/url]

Here is the obligatory tire shot for the day, mine were plenty warm and pulled a hard duty today. After all the busa isn't light and neither am I.

IMAG0297.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It may just be me or my phones speaker but you sounded really low in the rpm's going through the turns. Just pointing out and again could just be me. Nice video. Guy in front kept some good lines. Looks like a Nice day of riding to me

Sent from mobile device

It may just be me or my phones speaker but you sounded really low in the rpm's going through the turns. Just pointing out and again could just be me. Nice video. Guy in front kept some good lines. Looks like a Nice day of riding to me

Sent from mobile device

Camera is mounted in the air duct, I believe it would be kinda hard to hear RPM from there especially with the air rushing past.:thumbsup:

Yes

received an email bulletin that the cops are cracking down really hard on bikes and speeding on Ortega. Hope they stay away from Palomar :)

received an email bulletin that the cops are cracking down really hard on bikes and speeding on Ortega. Hope they stay away from Palomar :)

Where was the email from? I make it a point to do recon runs prior to flying up the mountain, I also try to go before 9 AM as I am usually the only one on the road.

Camera is mounted in the air duct, I believe it would be kinda hard to hear RPM from there especially with the air rushing past.:thumbsup:

Yes

Gotcha man. Nice video too what kind of camera u use. A go pro or what whatever they are?

Sent from mobile device

Gotcha man. Nice video too what kind of camera u use. A go pro or what whatever they are?

Sent from mobile device

No gopro for me I would rather put the money in the bike.

I paid like $12 for that camera, it's a little keychain spy camera that I tape in the air duct or on the tail section.

Haha good quality for 12 bucks. Would of never guessed. Not best but definitely not poor quality

Sent from mobile device

nice vid bro. i like i like. man i cant wait to get mine done. vids like this just motivate me more and more.:bowdown::learn::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I was on Palomar today with some friends. waiting for rick clemson to post the pics too. Palomar was really aggresive today. folks trying to drag earlobes....

Back