My experience with buying Carrozzeria Rim's and a on site vender.

Theres a lot going on here so i called this guy to get to the bottom of this situation

inspector gadget.jpg

After reading almost everything that has been posted on this thread I have come to a few conclusions.
1, Im 100% on Carrozzeria side on this little dilemma. I'll will explain why.
2, Angry Bird, next time I hope you READ, it states on Carrozzeria Site that ALL Colors will VARY (not all will be the same):poke:
3 This is what I believe actually happened, YOU RECEIVED your rims in Perfect Condition (no damage) Then you accidentally dropped them (damaged them) and then become enraged. You thought " NO!! Now what? "O I know ill blame Carrozzeria and try to get the damage wheels fixed or replaced for free.
4. You also altered the Patricks' message to make him look bad, and now that your caught (hoping people wont be ignorant) makes you look like an A**
5 Carrozzeria is an OUTSTANDING Company and always strive to do their best! My brother has a set on his K4 1000, which made his bike look and run better on many levels. Great set of wheels for the money. Better then Marchesini in his and my opinion.
6. To Everyone trying to mess with Carrozzeria, GET A LIFE, YOU NO LIFERS!! They didnt do anything wrong, its YOUR fault for not reading and understanding.
7. Even after reading this post Im still gonna buy a set for my bike, because I know Carrozzeria is an outstanding company and I actually read and agree with their rules.(Building and shipping, ect...)
8. Stop Lying and accept your mistakes Angry bird.

Is that you Steve :poke: :rofl: :welcome: to the org :laugh::laugh:

This is just ridiculous.!! I thought MODS filtered new members threads. ?

Everyone is welcome here :poke: Not only that he has a point how do you tell the difference between a product that was damaged while in transit from one that was damaged by the customer after he opened it :dunno: :laugh:

There was no damage to the box it was packaged well. So it wasnt the shipping process. The anodizing was perfect over the nicks like the rest of the rim's color. So, it was nicked on it way from the cnc to the anodizing process. If I supposedly drop it the rim, there would of been exposed aluminum and Patrick wouldnt have done anything to the rims.

Orsters, this wasnt a thread to bash anyone. But It was made to show the experience I encountered with my purchase with of a set of rims. I plan on doing the same again in the future. Be it good or be it bad. In my case I had fails on many levels. If others here want to buy CZ rims, please go ahead. My thread has armed you with some important imformation to consider. Use it wisely and at your own disgression!

There was no damage to the box it was packaged well. So it wasnt the shipping process. The anodizing was perfect over the nicks like the rest of the rim's color. So, it was nicked on it way from the cnc to the anodizing process. If I supposedly drop it the rim, there would of been exposed aluminum and Patrick wouldnt have done anything to the rims.

There you go case closed :thumbsup:

Next!!!
:laugh:

I am Patrick from Carrozzeria Wheels and I felt I needed to respond to this thread. I emphasize that you read the email correspondence between Nick and I at the bottom of this post to understand how the deal went down and how we tried to fix it. You can see that Nick had no problem with the color and that in that email on June 8th.

I really hope that everyone reads the entire post and understands how we tried to fix the situation.

I have been at Carrozzeria for a little over a year and during that time; I have tried to improve the process to make sure that we send the best product out there. And if it is wrong, we fix it.

Did Tim receive a wheel that would have been acceptable to me if I was the customer?
No. So my response in the e-mail below was “Yes, absolutely if it's legit we will take care of itâ€

Should the wheels have left with that scratch on them?
No, of course not, the wheels were perfect when they left to go to the anodizer (I know because I box them up myself after they are sold to go to the anodizer) so they were scratched by the anodizer (and hoped we would not noticed) there but there is no way the person who builds, boxes and ships the wheel sets should have missed that and let them leave. He failed to notice the scratch and would not have shipped them out that way.

Why did I ask Tim to talk directly to McCoy?
Actually 99% of the time when the customer has questions I prefer to talk to directly to the customer because I know a lot more about the wheels than someone at a dealer and it goes much quicker and smoother. This was the 1%. In the 1st few sentences of the email I said I must have the wheels in my hand, I have to see it in person before I can give you an honest answer – but if it’s our fault we will take care of it.
Your next question regarded a refund – at that point I asked you to just contact Nick directly. I cannot answer for them – I do not know their policies. I cannot give you refund, refund as I did not exchange money with you directly and they paid allot less for the wheels than you did. If you think I do not care that’s crazy or I would not have worked hard to get the wheels fixed in a new color a.s.a.p. but I think it’s a discredit to just give people bull**** answers to make them feel better, so I asked you to talk with Nick – the guy who can. I sell wheels to Nick and he is my customer, and he sells wheels to you so Tim is his customer. The problem was with my wheels and I sought to fix it.

Would I have taken a nice discount and kept the wheels?
Yes, some people would but some people would not. I don’t know end customer, he could have been a drag racer mostly concerned the huge weight savings the wheels give and figure he could but a new rear tire or 2 by keeping them with a discount. It is Nick's job to know his customer and direct me what to do. I offered up an alternative and you can see by the e-mail below I would have reimbursed them for what ever they felt was necessary to give you.

What’s up with the color?
As you can see by the real e-mail below the one posted at the beginning of the thread, was altered. In the e-mail I am just agreeing with Nick @ McCoy’s– not making a statement. The customers who want that color all get the same speech – that color is done by hand, it varies and always towards the darker side. McCoy is my customer in this case and you are theirs. I have explained to McCoy personally earlier in the year that the color varies and it is their job to pass this information to you.

Why don’t we have another set of wheels sitting here ready to ship out?
All our wheels are built to order; the lead time is 2 weeks. We do this because we have so many different types of wheels (for Suzuki we have 6 different fronts alone), different sizes rears (5.5, 6.0 and 6.25 for a V-Track) and offer 5 different colors per model. With well over 100 applications and more with different size rear wheels plus 5 colors and a small warehouse we cannot, so we do not keep wheels on the shelf for all of them. Do we keep some stuff on the shelf anodized, ready to be built – yes, a small amount for specific bikes that sell a lot in specific colors that their customers like. Unfortunately ti-grey and black are not the most popular Busa colors.

Why did it take so long to build my wheel set?
It didn’t. We received the P.O. from McCoy midday on the 16th and it was processed and a shipping label created on the morning of the 17th. It takes 2 weeks to build a 1 week for shipping. They received the wheels in just less than 3 weeks.

Here is the tracking number with the date it was created (sale date) and the date received by McCoy (start to finish) 1ZY2453A0370093158

Normally I drop ship for them to the customer but on Tim's order they requested it to ship to them.
Receiving the tracking number – McCoy received a tracking number. I could not send a tracking number to you because at this point I have no information on who the wheels were sold to.

Because you polish out a scratch and re-anodize a brand new set of wheels they are now refurbish?
Manufacturing does not always go as planned sometimes you need to re-plate, re-paint re-powder coat or re-anodize. Many, many wheel have passed through here in the year I have been here – you will every once in a while get some wheel back from the anodizer and be like “holy **** what happened here – send these back now while I call the customer or dealer and tell them we need to re due this set for them†Does that mean they are refurbished? If you have new wheels polished, you are in fact polishing out imperfections in the metal – does that mean now they are refurbished?

You can read some e-mail correspondence below. We worked very hard to get Tim’s wheels turned around quickly as quickly as possible, change the color to something he wanted, took care of the shipping cost. We turned the wheels around in 1 week.

It disappointing that my e-mails were altered to not show how we were trying to get Tim the wheels he wanted as soon as possible.
If you are local feel free to come by and see any e-mail exchange with off my computer.

Thanks,
Patrick

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 7:25 AM
To: CZ Dealers
Subject: RE: Pics of Cz wheels for Tim Devlin

Perfect! Also, he sent a few more pics which I will be forwarding over soon...
Thanks!

Nick Bevins
McCoy Motorsports Inc
559 North Mayo Trail
Pikeville, KY 41501
Phone: 606-432-1556
Fax:: 606-437-0083

Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 6:44 PM
To: 'Nick Bevins'

Yes, send them straight to me - just put attn Patrick with the original packing slip.

Thanks-

Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 2:10 PM

Sounds like a plan. He said he already has them boxed up and ready to go.
Should I have him send them directly back to your shop? Would there be any kind of an RA number?
Thanks!

Nick Bevins
McCoy Motorsports Inc
559 North Mayo Trail
Pikeville, KY 41501

Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 4:23 PM

Yes, absolutely if it's legit we will take care of it. He wants them in black - correct?

Thanks,
Patick

Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 1:03 PM

I don't think it matters either way. I just spoke with him, and he is not entertaining the notion of a discount. He's not happy with the color, and the scratch is the legitimate complaint. He is wanting to have them changed to black, either by swap or by re-anodizing. Would this be something we could make happen?

Nick Bevins
McCoy Motorsports Inc
559 North Mayo Trail
Pikeville, KY 41501

Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 3:50 PM

Let me clarify - I was not offering you to give him a discount. I was thinking we would give you a credit for a pre-determined amount in exchange for you giving the customer a discount if we can negotiate something.
Thanks-

Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 2:06 PM
To: dealers@forged-wheel.com
Subject: FW: Pics of Cz wheels for Tim Devlin

I just received this email from one of our customers. Please review the text and pics, and let me know what you think.
P.S. To me, the color looks totally fine, but I am a little concerned about the scuff....

Nick Bevins
McCoy Motorsports Inc
559 North Mayo Trail
Pikeville, KY 41501

From: Saiid [mailto:snachawi@adamcontractingandtrading.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 10:32 AM
To: Nick@tobefast.com
Cc: Tim Devlin
Subject: Pics of Cz wheels for Tim Devlin

Sorry for sending the pictures one at a time. Today hasn't been a good one for me. My computer crashed, when trying to email you the pictures in one email. I had to use my iPhone instead. After emailing the pictures one at a time through my phone, I went out to look at the rims again later on tonight. Upon further inspection, there are 2 nicks in the front rim. (I sent a picture of this to you.) This isn't from shipping. It is from the manufacture, because the nicks are anodized over. Needless to say I am very unhappy with this. I am not upset with you or your company, but with Carrozzeria. For the money I spent on this product, I one didn't get the color I wanted (as seen online and in person at hayabusa.org get togethers).
Two, I never received an email on when to expect the shipment and was lucky to be home to sign for the package. Three to have poor quality control and receive a damaged item. Four, now I have to wait even longer than expected due to the manufactures mistakes, in which I have paid for a product that isn't right. They Rims are already back in the box and ready to be shipped back to the manufacture. Please call me when you receive this email to inform me of how this will be corrected. Also if the ti-grey is going to be a hit or miss color, I will settle for black V-stars instead.

Thank you!

Tim Devlin

757-773-7340
BirdofPrey97@yahoo.com
Pic of damage

First I'd like to say....behold the power of the org for it has once again drawn a response from outsiders.
Second, Patrick I liked your post because you were respectable enough to join, post and tell your side of the story.
But, now that you did I would like to address a couple of your points.
Regarding color. At this very minute you have pics on your site of a different color Ti-grey.
Your advertise that and then ship a completely different looking color and use an excuse of 'well it varies and usually to the darker side' ? You don't say that on your website? It is not Nicks place to say ps color looks ok because he's not the one, the customer, the ones who's cash was spent after dreaming on once again your website after looking at a different color than he had recieved. That's bad, one strike.
The nicks once again you apologize but with an off handed blame it on the other guy excuse. Who's product is it? What's the name of the anodizing company? Is there name on the wheels? Do they get credit? Nope! It's your product. Maybe this experience will make you change yur practices and have anodized ship wheels back to you for final inspection before shipping? Seems like they may have a quality control problem? Why do you not do this in house? Do you even make the wheels you sell or just sub those out as well? These aren't cheap. For $2k I and everyone that's posted here said same thing, they expect perfection. Period. Yes to sand out or whatever to remove nicks and strip and refinish makes them factory seconds, refurbished. I wouldn't accept them for free. I would still have let you and Nick keep my money for another completely different set of wheels hand inspected because you knew you had a picky customer sent right out free receipt of first set. Sure I understand the need for you to see them but after that you should have sent an email to Tim ASAP 'damage confirmed a new set will be made and sent out right away!' that didn't happen. You dropped the ball. Strike two.
You say color on wheels posted here has been altered? Again another excuse because your own website shows pics of Ti-grey which is same as Brian's/Takeuons bike as well as Flickas. You have people here now telling you their Ti-grey is completely different and you say those have been altered? Wrong?
You cannot be so busy to have not been able to pick up the phone and assure Tim from Cz he would be made happy. Yes he ordered wheels thru Nick but you are first manufacturer if you are to not want to speak to a customer who has a problem with their own product. First hand direct attn counts. Non chalant back and forth emails thru three people whether altered or not just wouldnt cut it for me either on a $2k purchase. Your customer service is lagging. Why remove the page containing comments we posted on your Facebook page instead of address them? Marketing yourself thru mass media sites is key in your success. It gives you the opportunity to address the good and the bad. To simply remove all containing the bad and leave other pics and comments is shady. I do this for a living and am involved in the Internet dept for a 40 million dollar auto franchise 42 yrs old. Customer satisfaction is gold. You and Cz to me failed to realize that. Strike three, your out. It lost you this sale as well and obviously numerous possible others.

Serious question: Can we see pictures of the other "variations" of Titanium Grey?

Serious question: Can we see pictures of the other "variations" of Titanium Grey?

Seriously no! When I looked up images of Ti-Grey on google images. The one's that where posted, All looked like yours and takeuon's busas. Even saw a honda super hawk with them too, and all looked good.

Seriously no! When I looked up images of Ti-Grey on google images. The one's that where posted, All looked like yours and takeuon's busas. Even saw a honda super hawk with them too, and all looked good.

I was really curious about it. Maybe Patrick has some pics he could share?

I just wonder how much variation from the advertised picture is considered to be within tolerance.

Flicka said:
I was really curious about it. Maybe Patrick has some pics he could share?

I just wonder how much variation from the advertised picture is considered to be within tolerance.

This much at least lol

image-2519744420.jpg

image-2373505060.jpg

image-2519744420.jpg

Color variance my azz.....that's NOT EVEN CLOSE! :banghead:

I second that.CZ should state specifically varies by how much in percentage.From there customers could have a better and clearer picture in order to judge and decide.

Color variance my azz.....that's NOT EVEN CLOSE! :banghead:
Thats absolutely, inexcusably, outrageously ridiculous!!! Triple shame on CZ for even thinking that much of a color variation is even CLOSE to being acceptable to offer the public. It boggles my mind that a company could even think folks will pay over 2 grand for an advertised color, but accept whatever random color shows up at the door :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Wtf is wrong with you CZ ???

WOW!!!! This sucks for Tim but I'm happy to see you took matters into your own hands and rectified the situation :clap:. Bad thing is (right hand to God) in March I was going to purchase a set of red V-tracks for my '07 busa for the 2013 summer because I've seen them on other bike's and they look sweet but I don't have 6 weeks or $2000 to spare for bulls#!+ :moon:. I really wanted those cause they are some hot wheels. But I'll spare myself. I guess I'll just powdercoat my factory wheels.:hmmm:

WOW!!!! This sucks for Tim but I'm happy to see you took matters into your own hands and rectified the situation :clap:. Bad thing is (right hand to God) in March I was going to purchase a set of red V-tracks for my '07 busa for the 2013 summer because I've seen them on other bike's and they look sweet but I don't have 6 weeks or $2000 to spare for bulls#!+ :moon:. I really wanted those cause they are some hot wheels. But I'll spare myself. I guess I'll just powdercoat my factory wheels.:hmmm:

This is what I did after all the trouble I had with the CZ's
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...-my-experience-oz-wheels-gen-ii-hayabusa.html

IMG_0693.jpg

Back