I know, I know Hayabusa's can't turn!!

You running a busa up there as well? I really never see to many busa's up there. The one I do see on a regular basis is close in color to mine blue/silver.
Scott
The '08 blue/gold on the right is his. The one in the middle was my "deceased" 08 :( Carlos owns the silver

Followed my friend Nick today on the mountain to watch his lines. I am on an 05' busa set up for carving and he is on a carbon busa with magnesium wheels, 1397 kit and full ohlins, you would be hard pressed to find a faster guy in the canyons than Nick.

Well old habits are hard to break and after following an accomplished rider like Nick on the mountain I got to see first hand where I was, where he was and where I should be, it helped quite a bit.

Thanks Nick!

Here is today's video, I wished the camera would of been mounted a tad higher as it misses Nicks lines and cornering ability. The pace was fast and felt good, but the video is good enough to give you the idea.

- NS/SS041711PM[/url]

Here is the obligatory tire shot for the day, mine were plenty warm and pulled a hard duty today. After all the busa isn't light and neither am I.

IMAG0297.jpg

Sounds like NickSlick
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Riding, I would crap myself if I saw Railroad tracks in the apex of a sharp turn! Is that what they were???

Nice Riding, I would crap myself if I saw Railroad tracks in the apex of a sharp turn! Is that what they were???

They are cattle guards...not a big deal...you get use to them. You just adjust your line through the corner so that when you cross them you are not leaned over.
Posted via Mobile Device

They are cattle guards...not a big deal...you get use to them. You just adjust your line through the corner so that when you cross them you are not leaned over.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fair enough.....Wait....Ther might be cows around the corner!!:butbut: I worry about Deer here. Dang hitting a cow cant be good for the plastics! :laugh:

Fair enough.....Wait....Ther might be cows around the corner!!:butbut: I worry about Deer here. Dang hitting a cow cant be good for the plastics! :laugh:

Just another road hazard...mooooo cow...coming through :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

man that would be bad... so.. wait, those strips are for who.. drivers? to what.. wake em up and pay attention? like the rumble strips on highways??

man that would be bad... so.. wait, those strips are for who.. drivers? to what.. wake em up and pay attention? like the rumble strips on highways??

"Cattle Guards"

Keeps the cows from strolling down the road.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cattle generally wont step where they can't see. So the open areas between the rails are enough of a worry to prevent them from crossing. There are also a lot of faux cattle guards, painted lines on the road imitating the pattern of the real deal.

Actually... That was Scar, Carlos, and myself.
DM_35936.jpg
I must say... ya'll we hauling all types of a$$ up and down that mountain.

DM_35936.jpg

Love that line..........

You running a busa up there as well? I really never see to many busa's up there. The one I do see on a regular basis is close in color to mine blue/silver.

Scott

Yeah, there is a couple of us. we tend to stay away from the mtn due to the exessive amount of squids but we figured we would go this time. Carlos and I live 20 mins from the mtn now :). we might be up there on easter. gotta ping Lamb and see if he wants to go.

Back