My experience with buying Carrozzeria Rim's and a on site vender.

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
Hey orgsters:

I havent been on much here on the site, like I had been. I have been busy working on the busa in between working and living between 2 homes etc. Well after RedRoosterRider's post of his CZ's and seeing Blanca's awesome Marchesini's, I got hooked on looking at new lighter rim's for my Hayabusa. With Blanca's help I was able to find a pretty good price, made a few calls, and got TOBEFAST.com to agree to another's venders lower price. Plus they are a site sponsor, bring the love to org supporter!:cheerleader:

First, this is for Nick Bevins, TOBEFAST.com... Thank you for being polite and professional with everything that has happened so far. He answers the phone with a positive tone and has that willing to help you attitude. I thank you for your patience with me too, I know I can be very proactive with the phone calls and pictures. (The following events are not Nick's or TOBEFAST.com's fault, his company is a dealer for Carozzeria. The middle man as you all would say.)

About 4 weeks ago, I ordered a set of Titanium Grey Carrozzeria rims. I was told that they would take some time to get, due to them being a custom order and color. No problem, I talked to RedRoosterRider, who prepared me for the wait. 3 weeks go by, and I call Nick to find out the status of the rims. He said about another week, Carrozzeria will email you a tracking number when they send them out from the anodizer. Now its Weds, and I am feeling bad. I head to the bedroom to lay down, but hear the door bell. Its UPS, wanting me to sign for a package. I look down and see a box.....It says "Carrozzeria's". I sign for them, grab the box, and then head into the house. I open the box up to my surprise.... the rims arent the Titanium Grey that I was expecting. They look more like a teal gun metal grey. Baffled, thinking it was my bedrooms lighting, I open the back door and headout to the deck. I lay them down and again baffled by the color! :banghead: Okay, it isnt Titanium Grey as shown on Carrozzeria's site. It looks to be more black at times and then a teal blue green from different angles. I get my roomate to look at them, and he agrees they arent the right color too. I send a few pictures to a few org members too. I walk out into the garage with a towel and a rim. Put it next to the busa and wasnt sure what to think. Its not what I ordered, but I figure I would see how it would look on the Busa. I wasnt feeling it. I looked at it many time, sunlight, garage lights, and different angles. I started looking over the rims before I placed them back in the box. I noticed two small nicks on the edge of the front rim. The nicks are anodized over too! Really?! Now I am really unhappy. Wrong color, and now damage that was anodized over. Quality Control?

Okay, time to call TOBEFAST.com.... I get Nick on the phone and explain to him my problems. I did ask him if my order was swapped by mistake, due to the color I recieved. He did some double checking, and confirmed that it was my order. He then asked me to send him some pictures, so he can show Carrozzeria. I tried sending pictures to his email address from the iphone. For whatever reason they never made it to him. Nick did get my email with my concerns and worries about getting this issue resolved. I even stated that if the Titanium Grey is going to be a hit or miss affair, thenm I will get Satin Black instead.

I call TOBEFAST.com Thursday morning. Nick answers the phone. I ask him did he get my pictures. He says no, but the email came through. He will be forwarding to Carrozzeria soon. Nick asked for me to resend the pictures. I text Blanca, who took care of this for me. THANK YOU SAIID! I call back a few hour later, and Nick sent Carrozzeria the info and pictures.

Now its Friday! I call TOBEFAST.com and get Nick again. Nick says he is waiting on Carrozzeria's email and we will go from there. I get home and check my email.... This is forwarded to me from Nick.

Hi Nick,

Yes, the titanium color always varies a bit because they are done by hand
not in a big tank with 10-20 other sets. The color looks fine to me.

I can't really see the mark well in the picture as the light is reflecting
off of it. If it is under the anodizing then it must have been nicked at
the
anodizer - definitely nothing to do with shipping or on the customers end.
Probably not something you are going to see with a tire mounted. In his
e-mail below he mentioned 2 nicks, I see the 1st picture which picture are
the other pictures just of the color or should I be seeing another nick?
Anyway, the wheels will have to be stripped and the nick polished out (or
a
new wheel - just depends on how deep it is) to correct this.

Let me know how you want to handle this - maybe he'll be ok with a
discount
because it is on the lip where the tire will cover alot of it, but I
cannot
see the other nick in the pictures.

Thanks,
Patrick

Needless to saying I wasnt happy with seeing this. I then took and sent more pictures of the rims, next to the busa, next to the Titanium Grey 09 GSXR1k rims, and the flaws to Nick to forward to Carrozzeria with my email back to him.

Nick:

After calling you back after reading your email, I went out side to retake
the picture of the front rim with the 2 nicks that Carrozzeria cant see. I
also put the rim next to a 2009 Gsxr 1000 with titanium grey colored rims.
This will show how far off the color really is. I also took a picture next
to the Hayabusa and with the Gsxr in the back ground too. You can see how
far the color is off. Not even close to the Ti-grey they show online. (Pic
included with email). Per our phone call I want a new set of V-star Rims
in Satin Black. Again thank you for helping me get this right.

Nick emailed me back confirming he got the pictures. I had to resent them, because the sizing was to small. So ,now I am waiting on Carrozzeria and how they are going to handle this.

Tim:

Got the pictures, but they are tiny, like thumbnails. Any chance you can
send them over a little bigger? Also, CZ said that the color swap wouldn't
be a problem. At least, that's the way I understood it. I am getting the
details right now, and if you could send some bigger pics that would be
great.
Thanks!

Nick Bevins

So, now I am waiting on the resolve to this issue from Carrozzeria. Again this isnt a reflection on TOBEFAST.com, but Carrozzeria. I knew I had to wait on the rim's to be made and colored, but to get the wrong color, no email response for shipping status, then damage that occurred some where between the manufacture and the anodizer before shipping. Then there email response. It has me worried a little to how this will all turn out.:please:

I am not home to post the pictures, but I will when I can. Saiid feel free to step in with the pictures if youdont mind!

Tim's wheels...

a8f55038.jpg

de49e874.jpg

5de92382.jpg

Pics of nick........
324bc31f.jpg

These are pics of 'Takeuon's' bike another member...
From his thread he states they are titanium grey...
>>>> https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...6292-phase-i-complete-pics-you-guys-gals.html <<<<

3569068b.jpg

55cb7796.jpg

Disclaimer: I am just a technical helper and have no stake in this :)

Yeah the second set look real nice. Earlybirds set definitely looks more black... That's sad as expensive those CZ wheels are that CZ would just try to say "you wont see the knicks when it is installed". Good on ToBeFast for the quick actions on your behalf being the liaison with CZ.

Yeah... That looks nothing like my Titanium Gray CZ's. I like the way they look, but it's definitely not right. And the damage is unacceptable. Those things are NOT inexpensive!

Here's my bike, what they should look like. They are a dark silver/light gray color. Nowhere near black.

I hope this gets worked out in a hurry, Tim. I know you must be frustrated.

Dam Wheels Crop.jpg

And yes, Takeuon's CZ's were Titanium Gray. That's what they should look like. Our wheels were identical.

That sucks Tim. If you can't get things worked out and the only resolution they offer you is to keep them at a reduced price let me know. I might be willing to buy the flawed ones off you so you will be back to even and can re-order again in the color you want. I spent so much on the Ohlins I would actually be happy to get a flawed set! Hope you get it resolved soon, those are some really awesome wheels.

Wil

Ask them if they will take 500 for thier screwed up set:laugh:

Ha well let me tell you guys a little story, i too have had this problem, but Not with Tobefast, but another vender, who was the original dealer years ago.

Cz uses several different anodizer's or at least they used to, and the quality was not the best, when i purchased my set of wheels, at one point i had 4 sets here at my house.

The problem was taken care of after several calls and me going over the dealers head!

I was happy with the final outcome, but the aggravation suked!

I will post a couple of old pics, the anodizing was not complete, and CZ tried to cover it up with Sharpie marker! And like i said, these are old pics!

Busa pics1 008.jpg

Busa pics1 009.jpg

Busa pics1 013.jpg

Busa pics1 014.jpg

Busa pics1 015.jpg

Busa pics1 022.jpg

Dont get me wrong here, but CZ needs to start paying more attention, to there product!

They offer a great deal on wheels but it still is a lot of $$ that we are spending!

The Ti really is nice. I don't know what color that is, that they sent you. It's nice too, but NOT what you ordered!

Not what I ordered for one thing, and looked ugly next to the busa. The colors clashed! Looked neat by itself. Still not the color I was expecting, now going with my second choice... Satin black. If you cant get black right, its time to close shop!

Sad to hear that this is happening to you Tim.
Thanks for sharing,now we will all open our eyes and check clearly before just mounting onto the bike with tyres.
Since they are brand new and came from a reputable company.

To put myself in your shoes,i will be frustrated and angry nevertheless.
They are not cheap rims,Carrozzeria better wake up their QC and cut their BS once and for all with the differences of the colours as we are able to differentiate.:moon:
You are lucky and fortunate to have someone like Nick to help you out,if not the process and procedures will most likely be tedious.
Please keep us updated,as i believe many of us are concern about your outcome.

Not what I ordered for one thing, and looked ugly next to the busa. The colors clashed! Looked neat by itself. Still not the color I was expecting, now going with my second choice... Satin black. If you cant get black right, its time to close shop!

I second that:thumbsup:

Hmmm did you look at my pics,, :banghead::banghead:

Yes I looked at your pictures GIXXERHP! :banghead: It has me :please: worried! Fingers crossed for now!:please:

They should just replace them no questions asked, as they are the wrong colour and damaged.

Good luck, and hope you sort it out soon.

Back