Friday, December 26 Ride // New Friends!

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
So, I went to Cycle Gear this morning to see what was new...

Got there a few minutes early and met two guys also waiting for 'opening bell'.

Turns out, they're both Aussie's.

Nick lives here in San Diego with his wife, and Lee is here visiting them. Lee rented a Ducati while here, and Nick owns an R1.

So, after getting some 'business' conducted at Cycle Gear, we decided they needed to see some of the SoCal countryside...

These pix were taken at my place just before we launched into the fray...

Dean will be here tomorrow from Calgary, and Lee, Nick, Jimmy, and others from our core group are going riding. Yee-hah!

Pix from tomorrow's ride will be posted sometime tomorrow evening!

Enjoy~

:beerchug:

PC261304.jpg

PC261305.jpg

PC261306.jpg

PC261307.jpg

Last edited:
hmm they looking a bit "cozy" for me... left coast is a bit strange at times... :laugh:

Nick is the one on the Left in the 1st pic. :whistle:

Damn, you're good!

thats not bad actually... its about inline with a HD rental for northern cali ... not that I had ever looked :whistle:

That's great Scar, I hope you all have a great ride....they couldn't have run into a better guy than you to show them around! Doyle

Tims sight has a list of "rentals" that have anything from HD to Ducs... most are in the 135 a day range (3 days plus) and is valid on any of their street bikes.. I want to try the Duc myself :)

i want to rent one of those ducs but don't really feel like dropping that much to rent

Agree, on dropping that much coin, but it's 'out-the-door,' all-inclusive (tax, insurance, the works).

This particular model has a wet-clutch, as well, so it wasn't as annoying as most other Ducati models. :laugh:

:whistle:

Last edited:
Looks like a great time. We finally had decent temps here yesterday and it rained all day :banghead:. I need to load Tango in the trailer so we can take in that west coast weather, Scar :beerchug:. Thanks for sharing :).

Looks like a great time. We finally had decent temps here yesterday and it rained all day :banghead:. I need to load Tango in the trailer so we can take in that west coast weather, Scar :beerchug:. Thanks for sharing :).

I couldn't agree more!!! :beerchug:

C'mon over, Paul...it's mostly better than anywhere! :laugh:

Back