My COVID Journey Continues

SSGT_B

Registered
A few weeks back my wife came home not feeling well. We thought nothing of it for a few days as only to blame it on her asthma. As a precaution she called her dr who wanted her tested for a chest infection. Turned out she had bronchitis, and as a side note, covid.

Our son and I were already showing sings of a severe cold so we chocked that up to covid as well. Went a few days later as it was progressing and got tested. Yup, covid, but our son was clear. So we have been quarantined in our room while the kids are basically quarantined as well in there’s.

fast forward to 2 days ago, I’ve been caughing a lot and have sever shortness of breath when I talk. My chest feels as if a busa is laying on top at all times. ( had to throw a bike reference in somewhere lol ). My 02 levels bounce between 88-94. The seargent major ( my wife unit ) has been bugging me to go to the urgent care and get seen. She knows I hate drs and hate hospitals even more. ( longer story, it’s a military thing ) so I go. Make appointment, arrive on time ( ie 15 min early ) takes 2 hours to get seen, oh did I mention I was freezing due to the 103 fever I had?

So dr see me and says we are not charging you for this visit you need to get in ambulance and go to er. FML!!! ( remember I hate hospital) I reluctantly go. As you can guess they are busier that teets at a milk factory. Couple hours later I’ve had chest X-rays, ekg, bloodwork blah blah blah. Here comes the iv, 2 antibiotics another covid test. I am now back at home having covid and pneumonia. On more antibiotics and steroids and a bunch of vitamins. I have lost the tast for salt and crest toothpaste taster like chewing on a bottle of pinesol. Had a small piece of key lime pie, yea, that didn’t go well. Threw it away.

moral to the story, go get tested if you feel sick. This poop ain’t fun.

as for my wife, she is doing much better. She had a antibodies infusion done and next day was doing great. She still cannot smell or taste much but she was able to get a 4 mile run in and felt great after.

Man hang in there. Amazing how it varies from one person to the next.

I had a neighbor behind me (Jeff), who got it. Picture of health and fitness. As he and his wife were moving he had what he felt was the start of a cold. A week later his wife called me and said he's on a ventilator. Full blown Covid. The house was held in escrow because he likely had it at that house and the new owner wouldn't close until they knew it was CV free. Jeff recovered in about a month.

Then the new owner (Kathy) came down with it. She is in month 2 if it. One day she feels fine. 3 days later she's getting her butt kicked by it again.

She has never had the ventilator level need but for 2 months it's been from sniffles to flu symptoms.

Hard to know who has it and doesn't know it.

Keep fighting it!
Check out this web-site, might be some info of interest to you.
Home | FLCCC | Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance
I heard about the ivermectin but the CDC and others say you have to take dangerous unapproved amounts for it to work, but there was a doctor that did a conference for the WHO saying it saved lives and he tested it extensively. But if it really does work like they say it might cut into the profits of the vaccine so they don't want people using it? We use it at the farm all the time.

I heard about the ivermectin but the CDC and others say you have to take dangerous unapproved amounts for it to work, but there was a doctor that did a conference for the WHO saying it saved lives and he tested it extensively. But if it really does work like they say it might cut into the profits of the vaccine so they don't want people using it? We use it at the farm all the time.
This is just one mans opinion and it's most likely worth what you paid for it but the money is the issue and why Ivermectin may not ever gain wide acceptance in the states. If you want a real shock as to how well it works take a look at the Peru study.

(PDF) Real-World Evidence: The Case of Peru. Causality between Ivermectin and COVID-19 Infection Fatality Rate

A few weeks back my wife came home not feeling well. We thought nothing of it for a few days as only to blame it on her asthma. As a precaution she called her dr who wanted her tested for a chest infection. Turned out she had bronchitis, and as a side note, covid.

Our son and I were already showing sings of a severe cold so we chocked that up to covid as well. Went a few days later as it was progressing and got tested. Yup, covid, but our son was clear. So we have been quarantined in our room while the kids are basically quarantined as well in there’s.

fast forward to 2 days ago, I’ve been caughing a lot and have sever shortness of breath when I talk. My chest feels as if a busa is laying on top at all times. ( had to throw a bike reference in somewhere lol ). My 02 levels bounce between 88-94. The seargent major ( my wife unit ) has been bugging me to go to the urgent care and get seen. She knows I hate drs and hate hospitals even more. ( longer story, it’s a military thing ) so I go. Make appointment, arrive on time ( ie 15 min early ) takes 2 hours to get seen, oh did I mention I was freezing due to the 103 fever I had?

So dr see me and says we are not charging you for this visit you need to get in ambulance and go to er. FML!!! ( remember I hate hospital) I reluctantly go. As you can guess they are busier that teets at a milk factory. Couple hours later I’ve had chest X-rays, ekg, bloodwork blah blah blah. Here comes the iv, 2 antibiotics another covid test. I am now back at home having covid and pneumonia. On more antibiotics and steroids and a bunch of vitamins. I have lost the tast for salt and crest toothpaste taster like chewing on a bottle of pinesol. Had a small piece of key lime pie, yea, that didn’t go well. Threw it away.

moral to the story, go get tested if you feel sick. This poop ain’t fun.

as for my wife, she is doing much better. She had a antibodies infusion done and next day was doing great. She still cannot smell or taste much but she was able to get a 4 mile run in and felt great after.
Hi Hang in there and get better so take it easy. Do you know where you wife got it?

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. @michael parris heuberger we don’t know where she got it at. She is 15 days out now and still test positive. Her work will not allow her to return until she has a negative test. Drs say she could test positive for up to 90 days even though she is not sick or infectious to others. As for me, I don’t feel the steroids and antibiotics are helping. My chest hurts the same so I may end up back at hospital. Have a few more days left to see what’s happening.

Back