MOTORCYCLE CLUBS

(Black Bird Killer @ Feb. 26 2007,19:54) Hayabusa Owners Group, the only club I need
super.gif
+1
beerchug.gif

Well I've heard a lot of good advice and that is why I posted this. I feel that Hayabusa.ORG is the the BEST & ONLY club I need. As far as having to earning my membership the only thing worth earning was me earning the title of UNITED STATES MARINE 1990-2001. I was trying to help a friend out with memberships for his club. I've weigh the pro & con and IT'S NOT FOR ME! Thanks again for everyones help
super.gif

Hello Everyone, there were some good points here, and some rather ill fated points. East Coast Busa's...know the guys well. They are a good group of guys, that just wanna hang out and ride. Ask Ez about Dirty Red in Texas...BUffalo Soldiers. www.bsmcwaco.com

True, you don't need colors or a hard patch to ride. I can do that anytime. But the reason the clubs exist are to provide a common sense of togetherness and/or brotherhood (sisterhood). Now a days the 1% clubs are fading. More mainstream clubs are popping up just wanting to be seen, and get together. But the real purpose is that bond of togetherness.

Many clubs have events and functions to help community service issues or causes. Many have 501 c3 set up to help receive donations to help a particular cause. We have our non-profit status, and I am working on another foundation for us to help provide scholarships.

And I do believe that you should not have to pledge a motorcycle club. But you should prospect. It is not to belittle you or degrade you. But to see your riding style, learn where you may have difficulties, and get better acquainted with the community service aspect. But it is the President's decisions to waive prospect status on any person, based upon what you bring to the table. And you don't and should not have to kiss anyone's ass.

Buffalo Soldiers MC doesn't make me, I make it. Because I stand for integrity, I stand for brotherhood, I stand for equality, and I stand for what is right. So hold up your drinks, cheers, let's give each other the grip, we will part on the level, and burn out on one!!

PEACE...........
firedevil.gif

Well 1 bad 2k, I understand were your're coming from, Which is why he started the MIGHTY CLOUDS MC. Were all family men with family responsibilities. Based in Bryans Road,MD, not to far from you, we don't tolerate no silly stuff, no warp speed riding all the time(just sometimes). It's Christian based, our mission is helping others and community service. We do two events a year: Daytona beach and Ocean city. If you can make it fine, If you can't, we understand. Any other time we get together when we can. Like I said we have family responsibilites. The president is a Ordained Reverend, The V.P., me, is a 20 year cop and Ordained Deacon. We are the only two out of six members that have Busas. What one rides dosen't matter to us. We support other bike clubs in things that they my do or put together, so we too may be supported in things that we do. If you have an interest, pm me.

Here is my .02; FWIW (which may be considerably less that .02) I have looked around I think I see a couple of different types of organizations.
1. Clubs - I have seen the Biker Boyz Types of clubs and a 1%'er or two.
They range from posers to living a lifestyle, completely immersed in what they do. The clubs can either create thier own culture - and agenda, or take the culture of a group and build on it. Meaning that people have more in common that just bikes.
2. Associations - Seems by and large the loosest collection, people who are able to sort of pick and choose when and how they participate... sometimes they are too loose to actually come together to get something done.
3. Groups - These are usually a number of people who know each other and are comfortable; sometimes it can be difficult to break into groups because my observation is that they can be sort of cliquish... But that is cyclical as people come and go... usually all it take to break the ice is to just do, say or show up with a mod that no one has seen or heard before...

I have too many things that I am committed to, to join a club - looked at it a few times, but I am not in the right place in my life for that (not the least of reasons are what Ron discussed)...
I ride with a group occassionally, they are some good guys, but often do something that causes me to peel off before the ride is over...
The best motorcycle interaction that I have ever had has been here; but that is because we start with the Busa as a common denominator (for the most part) but then we are pretty free to discuss personal stuff here and jump in when someone needs help... this is why I refer to this place as an online community... people question that sometimes, but I can't categorize it any other way... Do we wave at each other? Sure, but then we wave at everyone - this place doesn't really encourage us to recognize ourselves above others, it encourages us to recognize what we all have in common. For those who make it to the meet and greets, you know what I mean... I have met people from the board and it is funny how sometimes, the onlu topic of conversation is that board, sometimes it is the bikes, but sometimes it is neither... it is more friendship... there is always strength in numbers, but he question I have to constantly ask myself is - strength to do what?

Clubs are not bad; if that is what you are looking for, then you just have to find one that you fit in too and that fits you as well.

I like to think that I am the same here as I am in person; if I couldn't do that, I couldn't be here - any group, club, organization is the same.

Again, just my .02 Thanks for reading!

Back