MOTORCYCLE CLUBS

1 BAD 2K

Registered
I have a riding friend who help form EAST COAST BUSAS motorcycle club in Maryland/DC area and ask me twice to join. I'm interested in joining but I not sure if I want to be part of that kind of life style with club comments and can work it in with me being a single dad(baby sitter & free time). I like being able to go where I want ,when I want but I also like riding in a small group sometimes. All input is very much welcome!

don't know if this will work as link
eastcoastbusas.com

I am a co-founder of the Tallahassee Sportbike Syndicate. Even though most of my rides happen with other members it certainly doesn't keep me from riding on my own whenever and wherever I want to. As far as free time goes do they require attendance at meetings or events? If not, I'd say join up and make some new friends, you never know when it might come in handy.

To each their own.

Everyone has their own personality and depending on where you are in life depends on what you want in your life.

For me, I was looking at joining a club when I first got my Busa

I started to hang out with them, went to a few of the meetings and stuff and it just wasnt for me.

This club (like others) want you to prospect, meaning you have to kind of kiss but for awhile befor you become a full fledged member

And while this club wasnt really going to press that issue with me. Just didnt feel right.

Going out on frinday nights, weekends, hanging out with 100's or more bikes, chicks walking around barely dressed drooling over you and your bike. flirting with you just so they can get a ride..

My wife didnt say anything, she pretty much lets me do what I want. But like I said. just didnt fit with me so I dropped it.

Never been much of a follower, never liked marching to someone elses drum beats, and from my experiance, with the clubs I have came in contact, you have monthly dues, you are expected to attend most events, you are expected to do this or that.

I only hold myself accountable to God and my family. pretty much in that order.

Anwyay, you asked for input.. so theres mine. Hayabusa.org is the only club that I need or desire to belong to. and for me it fits pretty well

I'm in the same position...as much as I looked to join any local clubs, truth is that most meetings are over an hour away from me, I could NEVER commit to a regular schedule of much of anything with the kids, them being in school, working late, etc...

It's definitely different for everyone; I prefer riding when I can and if I can have friends along for that ride, that's even better...

I do think if you find a group that suits your schedule and you truly like those within that group, appreciate what they're trying to do and like the comaraderie, go for it...
beerchug.gif

not into the club scene, but hey......
beerchug.gif
big ups to you being a single dad. Much respect
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

By being memeber of the org, you get allot of the beniefits of being in a club with out all of the responsibilties. You can find people to ride with, get advice, get discounts, and many other benefits here. I happen to belong to a ridding club myself, it can be tough while you are prospecting, but hey they haze people here sometimes. I would say if you are questioning why join, maybe its not the club for you.

(BigSimp @ Feb. 26 2007,10:54) By being memeber of the org, you get allot of the beniefits of being in a club with out all of the responsibilties.   You can find people to ride with, get advice, get discounts, and many other benefits here.  I happen to belong to a ridding club myself, it can be tough while you are prospecting, but hey they haze people here sometimes.  I would say if you are questioning why join, maybe its not the club for you.
We NEVER haze people here...
SHOCKED.gif
crazy.gif

biggrin.gif

(BigSimp @ Feb. 26 2007,10:54) By being memeber of the org, you get allot of the beniefits of being in a club with out all of the responsibilties.   You can find people to ride with, get advice, get discounts, and many other benefits here.  I happen to belong to a ridding club myself, it can be tough while you are prospecting, but hey they haze people here sometimes.  I would say if you are questioning why join, maybe its not the club for you.
Does that mean I don't have to wash your bike anymore? LOL

Hopefully these guys don't fancy themselves as 1%'er wannabes on Hayabusas. Having associated with the lunatic fringe I could never get past the demands placed on 'Prospects'. I fully understand the need to earn your place at the table, but I just could not get past having the be at someone's beck and call for any length of time. "Hey Prospect, get me a beer", "Hey Prospect, go wash my bike", "Hey Prospect, loan me your truck", yadda, yadda, yadda. Read the by-laws and see what the rules are and then watch how they interact with themselves and the general public. As far as I am concerned being a single dad you demonstrate enough moral fibre to be a member of my 'club' anytime!

I thought about the club scene here in da ville but like others said not for me. I am almost 35 and married. I not a very good FOLLOWER. I like riding with other bikes as equals or better yet their superior on my busa lol. Not as some wanna be punk with training wheels on my bike. I've been riding bikes for 25 years not 25 minutes.
muscle.gif

I belong to the TSBA (Texas Sport Bike Association). GREAT group of guys and gals who don't give a flip about what you ride, just that you do. We generally ride every Sunday morning and the rules are pretty strick. No squids in this bunch, just dedicated riders who will share secrets with you to help you improve your riding skills - or they'll tell you to find another place to ride if you're acting like an @$$.

I wouldn't mind joining a club when i move back to Northern Va.

Well, I don't mind admitting that I am a Rogue..... no doubt about it. I like to get on my bike and go where, and whenever, and change direction I want without so much as a thought. I wouldn't say that I'm anti-social really and I'm not really a loner either. I do enjoy the Bash and gettin around my buddies there and of course this forum... however, at 57 I'm a bit set in my ways, been there done that and dance to my own music for the most part. Well....you asked. Just not for me.
SHOCKED.gif

Always been a loaner, mainly because I'm not a follower. I'd kick someones azz if they ask me to get a beer and that would end the membership for me I'm sure. Not into that FNG shid.

Would join one that didn't go that route and put a lot of control over what and where.

(dmrowe @ Feb. 26 2007,19:15) Hopefully these guys don't fancy themselves as 1%'er wannabes on Hayabusas. Having associated with the lunatic fringe I could never get past the demands placed on 'Prospects'. I fully understand the need to earn your place at the table, but I just could not get past having the be at someone's beck and call for any length of time. "Hey Prospect, get me a beer", "Hey Prospect, go wash my bike", "Hey Prospect, loan me your truck", yadda, yadda, yadda. Read the by-laws and see what the rules are and then watch how they interact with themselves and the general public.
Any "Club" that requires you to "Earn your place" is more like a cult, or a fraternity! That childhood junk has no place in the world! They need to grow up! Mutual respect is the most important requirement! If they don't have it, I don't consider them.

Clubs aren't for everybody...sounds like you have your doubts. Hayabusa .ORG has pretty much everything MOST riders need
wink.gif

Back