A new Hayabusa Motorcycle club?

miserycaptain

Donating Member
Registered
I have an interest in starting a Hayabusa club in the greater Orlando area. Having years of management and leadership experience I feel as if I can run a good club given the knowledge and format neccessary for such. PROBLEM: I have no experience in this department as to how successful clubs have been established and then grow their membership numbers. Any advise (and I know I will get a ton) as to your thoughts, insight into doing this at all are appreciated.

I would just like to have a great group of Sunday BUSA riders to cruise with and establish new friendships. We have local non BUSA specific clubs that I could join but I feel compelled to lead one of my own. I had a semi-pro paintball team for eight years that took a lot of management and planning to be successful and I gave up the sport in November when I bought the Busa as I planned on riding every spare minute I had. Now, I ride but I want to have my peeps around me again! I love hanging out with people with the same interests as one another and just enjoy riding and the brotherhood of friendship!

Please, chime in and tell me, am I getting in over my head? Am I setting myself up to be too busy that I can't enjoy my time on the bike? Paintball had many youth associated with it that made for constant WORK! Not looking for another thankless job. Thoughts? Thanks in advance, I respect all of your opinions.

Dave
MIZERY HAYABUSA :laugh:
CLUB PRESIDENT
(same as paintball team name, "mizery" and I have it tattooed on me as well as my vanity plate on my Mustang GT so I am trying to keep it)

hey all i know is goodluck and hope you get well established before the end of august. Then me and qpddd can be hosted in your club bar and show you boys how to really drink.:beerchug:

I would be so down if only you were in CT...or even RI... Orlando is a bit far to travel to meet.

Anyone know of a club up in my stomping grounds??

hey all i know is goodluck and hope you get well established before the end of august. Then me and qpddd can be hosted in your club bar and show you boys how to really drink.:beerchug:

Oh hell no, I know about you Brits and beer! I don't enter a competition that I lost before I entered! I declare you the winner my UK Friend! However, I'll let ya take a whirl on my faster bike so you have great memories when we meet in August! :beerchug:

Dave

I have no experience in this department as to how successful clubs have been established and then grow their membership numbers. Any advise (and I know I will get a ton) as to your thoughts, insight into doing this at all are appreciated.

My .02:
Start small (even two riders) and be consistent (eg. every wednesday night, every sunday morning, weather permitting) and have others spread the word. The more time you'll spend together as a group, the more activities you'll think of.
Also, think of a mission/identity - safety, scenic, fast, social, track, etc. - you'll draw in different individuals.​

Advertise your progress here - it'll help (a lot).

People will come, shared joy is double the joy.

And my .02 -

Name the club in general terms such as Greater Orlando Hayabusa Club or Central Florida Hayabusa Association. Make up some flyers and spread them around all the area dealers (they generally have boards). Make sure you get everyone's email and phone that is interested. Send emails out. Meet at HOOTERS! Start designing a logo...if you need help with this, try elance.com - after you get some members, start addressing club bylaws and issues, but keep it in simple terms. Personally, I would get with all Suzuki dealerships within a 100 mi radius. They will be selling new and used Busas. They can help spread the word.

PM me and I can give you some REAL inisght into some clubs and how the function

Come to Socal and I will have a Half & Half waiting just for you.

100_3247.JPG

Starting a club is relatively easy, but managing the club is where it gets tricky. Judging character and who get's in the club is the most challenging. After all, you don't necessarily want everyone with a Hayabusa in the club.

We started our club a couple years ago, but we don't just cater to one model. We are still small, and generally only add members that we know and can trust.

Good luck!

Instead of making it a "club" start a group on Myspace. I met up and rode regularly with a bunch of guys this way out in San Diego. They had a restaurant that allowed them to have a bike night every Tuesday and they would plan rides for the weekend and show videos from past rides. There were no dues or silly rules, just a bunch of guys having a good time.

Starting a club is relatively easy, but managing the club is where it gets tricky. Judging character and who get's in the club is the most challenging. After all, you don't necessarily want everyone with a Hayabusa in the club.

We started our club a couple years ago, but we don't just cater to one model. We are still small, and generally only add members that we know and can trust.

Good luck!

I totaly agree !! I would even say try to find a small group of guys just to ride with first. Think Slow, and steady. The last thing you want is to start this up, put a ton of time, and some money (if you were going to do the club vest, or jacket) into it, then just for numbers have some tool come mess it all up for you.
You know how it works, once you put a name on your back, you all WILL be judged by that one idiot. I've met a lot of very cool people on Busa's (most from here), but I've also met some down right a$$holes too !!

Come to Socal and I will have a Half & Half waiting just for you.

OH MY God......What did you do to that pint of Guinness..........please stay where you are and do not touch the pint.....the Guinness quick response team will be with you shortly...........:banghead::banghead:

OH MY God......What did you do to that pint of Guinness..........please stay where you are and do not touch the pint.....the Guinness quick response team will be with you shortly...........:banghead::banghead:

It is SoCal what do you expect?

Not a club, but lots of us around that like to ride. Setup a day and time and you will have many...

I would be so down if only you were in CT...or even RI... Orlando is a bit far to travel to meet.

Anyone know of a club up in my stomping grounds??

Back