Motorcycle club???

sandiego

Registered
Im really intreasted in joining a Motorcycle club please give me some suggestions or names of clubs in san diego i could join cause it really sucks riding alone.

thanks.

:welcome: aboard.

It can suck to ride alone, but it sucks even more to be required to go on rides or go to meetings when you have other things that need to get done. That and being required to prospect for other members so you can 'belong' to the club.

When I want to go for a ride I call up a few friends and we head out for a few hours.

TruWrecks, yes, I just want to ride and do a little social interaction. But mostly ride. I don't care if someone is slower or faster than me, as long as they can ride a bike. I'm not a "clubby" kind of guy, been there............

It can suck to ride alone, but it sucks even more to be required to go on rides or go to meetings when you have other things that need to get done. That and being required to prospect for other members so you can 'belong' to the club.

When I want to go for a ride I call up a few friends and we head out for a few hours.

+1 :thumbsup: i used to belong to a club and i spent more time doing "club business" than i did riding

the club scene is not for everybody.....so don't let the grumps discourage you.

i cannot help with a club in san diego, but i do know some good guys in the Inland Empire and Riverside areas...

Do you really need to belong to a club? Why don't you just go out and ride. Go do twisties in your area, and meet fellow riders at some mountain top cafe. Join their ride if they don't mind, if they do, heck with them. There are plenty of riders who are more than welcoming. And some day you will retune the favor to another newbies. Good luck, and welcome.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am in a club. I joined a small club that has a good rep for riding a lot and we do a lot of supporting the other clubs and local charities. There are a lot of rules though. Depends on how strict your club is. This is what I did...

Go to your local bikes nights and find the vested members. Ask them if you can do a few ride alongs to see if your riding style fits in with theirs. If you like riding with them, get to know a few of the members and tell them you are interested in prospecting. Prospecting can take 3 months to 12 months. That gives both you and the club a chance to see if you fit.

Expect to pay monthly dues.
Required club riding time.
Drama...lol. There are some silly rules... like only club presidents can talk to to club presidents. Silly stuff like that.
Fellowship...my club members are very loyal to each other but just short of being a gang..lol.

I chose to just ride with my club and to do the mandatory events, after that I ride with my independant riders or as I like to call them ...the "Free Agents".

Clubs are great but there are differents types so do your research. :beerchug:

:welcome: to the oRg Club. There ya go. No fees, you don't have to be my biotch for a year or wash my bike, or polish my :whistle:

Enjoy and be safe out there :laugh:

Google Twisted Rydas and or C2C (Coast 2 Coast) Both of them good clubs that I hung out with in SD a few years back. They all hang out Tuesday nights at the Hawg Riders club house on Market Street.

Thursday nights at the Starbucks in Mira Mesa will give you TONS of options for 'clubs' to ride with. Or people who don't belong to 'clubs' to ride with.

Congrats on your new scoot, and :welcome: to the .oRg. :beerchug:

:welcome: Glad to have you on the org! I love going for rides with my friends.:whistle:

IMG_1590.jpg

:welcome: to the ORG.
I ride with the San Diego crew as often as I can.
Hope to meet and ride soon.
Bubba

Depending on what you want from it, being in a club can turn to crap as can going on group rides also. Try meetup.com as posted above. There you can usually find both..and the clubs usually out line their rules an methods of joining an some people just share the passion for riding with no rules or commitments invovled.. my recommendation take it slow meet people you can click with I got 3- 5 people who love to ride an some of the most fun we have on the bikes it's usually just us cruising:thumbsup: and sometimes it get pretty big when everyone joins for the fun.:laugh:

.... Just saying nothing wrong with riding with a small group of people who are real friends..... people who don't want you talking to them I wouldn't consider them friends::poke:

JK:laugh:

I have never been able to get the club thing but I never went to college either or joined a frat house so that could be it.. but I like being the only Busa in the group :laugh:

event_7797662.jpg

Back